Anyone experienced difficult pregnancy?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by remnant, Dec 1, 2017.

1. remnant

remnant Member

Difficult pregnancies are a randomly occurring event. There are instances where some women have undergone long pregnancies lasting for years or others which are abnormally large. One of the most feared form is ectopic pregnancy which is quite unpredictable and can happen to anyone. Anyone with kindred experiences?

2. BelindaMT

BelindaMT New Member

I consider myself lucky enough because I didn't experience difficulties during pregnancy. Unlike to my sister when she was pregnant, she needs to take a bed rest for three months because of bleeding. When the time she was to gave birth, the doctor recommends for a C-section to be done because of her health condition. Fortunately, the C-section was successful and she was okay and the baby is healthy.

3. littlewitch66

littlewitch66 Active Member

I didn't experience either a long or an ectopic pregnancy but I did have placenta previa where the placenta lies over the birth canal and a baby cannot be born through normal delivery.

It was a normal pregnancy until I reached 27 weeks and then I woke up one morning to find the bed covered in blood and clots. I was terrified. I was rushed to hospital where I stayed until my son was born by c-section. Years ago women died from this abnormality but these days, although special care needs to be taken to prevent further bleeding, baby can be safely delivered.

With my second child I had a twin pregnancy and lost one but although I bled for 5 months while the dead baby came away, my daughter was born healthy.

4. Elsa

Elsa Starlight Baby Employee Staff Member

I had a difficult pregnancy with my youngest because I was already 37 years old then so it was a high-risk pregnancy. I had to be on bed rest four weeks before my delivery date because I was already going into labor. I had to take medication to stop the labor process.

5. Elsa

Wow! That must have been a really scary thing to see blood everywhere. I would have fainted if it happened to me.

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your other baby. I know it's difficult. No one could ever really overcome the loss of a child, it leaves a hole in the heart. All we can do is to love and care for those who are still in our lives the best we can.

6. littlewitch66

littlewitch66 Active Member

I didn't know I was having twins until I started bleeding and I was grateful that I still had one baby so I didn't feel as bad as I might have done had it been a complete miscarriage even though it was sad. My daughter often wonders what it would have been like to have a twin though.

7. Elsa

Good to know your surviving twin relieved some of the pain of losing the other. Yes, it is always good to look at the bright side when facing a tragedy, although at times this is not easy. As for your daughter, I totally understand her longing and it's totally normal for her to sometimes think of 'what could have been' if her twin was alive. It's great to have siblings, more so with twins :)

8. Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020 Member

My wife experienced a very difficult pregnancy because she has skin asthma and after she got pregnant, her skin asthma started acting up, the doctor said that it's due to the hormonal changes in her body and what made it a big problem was she cant treat her skin asthma with her regular dose of steroidal anti allergy medicines because of the risk factor involved. So she can't eat a lot things and that made her irritable plus her whole body was red because of allergies. It was really hard for her and we were so relieved that the baby come out healthy. After she gave birth her allergies gradually subsided and so she was allowed by her doctors to breast feed our son. It seems that if a mother is using steroids she can't breastfeed because it could be harmful to the baby but in her case she was allowed to breastfeed. After 2 years we had our second son and her allergies acted again but not as severe.

Luckymadon likes this.
  9. kaka135

kaka135 Active Member

I didn't really have difficult pregnancies before, though I was bleeding once during my first pregnancy when it was before 3 months old. I was quite scared and worried too. According to the doctor, I might be too tired or have been walking too much, so she advised me to take more rest. I was glad that I managed to apply for working from home, and I didn't need to stay in bed for months. The rest of the pregnancy went well. I agree that it's really scary to see blood during the pregnancy.

10. Luckymadon

Luckymadon New Member

My first pregnancy was a difficult one. I have epilepsy and it wasn't until I was pregnant with my first child that I experienced my first grand mal seizure. (Convulsive)
    I continued to have these seizures throughout my entire pregnancy. I only had them in my sleep and some mornings I would wake up face down on the floor. Falling out of bed was frequent when these seizures happened.

I consider myself very fortunate that I didn't miscarry the baby. My doctor kept increasing my meds to no avail. I was so doped up on meds during the day that I could barely function. It didn't help that I carried her throughout the hot, summer months.

Come time to deliver, labor was induced because the doctor wanted to get her out of me as soon as possible. I thank my Father in heaven that I gave birth to full term, healthy baby girl. I call her my "miracle" baby. She truly is. :)

11. tyche

tyche Active Member

My mom used to have ectopic pregnancy and she lost her baby but was never really harmed. It really pays to have regular check-ups to ensure the safety of the baby.

12. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

We have a family friend who would be assisted by a nurse when she gets pregnant. She had 2 pregnancies that gave them 2 sons and there was no more 3rd because of the danger to the baby and also to the risk of the mother's life. My mother had difficulty in movement when she is pregnant so she just stays at home.