What is your biggest fear?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by littlewitch66, Dec 3, 2017.

1. littlewitch66

littlewitch66 Active Member

My granddaughter had a very bad start in life and I took over her parenting because there was no on else who could do it and I did not want to see her go into the care system.

My biggest fear in life is that something will happen to me through either illness or accident and there will be no one to look after her. She is just 11 now so growing up and in a few years will be independent but I still worry.

What is your biggest fear?

nangk08 likes this.
  2. Elsa

Elsa Starlight Baby Employee Staff Member

We fear the same thing, @littlewitch66. I still have two young daughters, 8 and 10, and my biggest fear is that no one will care for them and love them the way I do if I die early. So my most fervent prayer is for God to give me enough time - until my youngest graduates from college and is able to care for herself. Once all my kids finish college, God can take me anytime. I'll go without a fight.

I've watched stories of orphaned children who have very difficult lives and it is very heartbreaking. I'm praying that my kids do not suffer the same fate.

littlewitch66 likes this.
  3. Mika

Mika Active Member

I think it's the same feeling for all of us. I am afraid that if something happens to my wife and me suddenly my daughter would be all by her own and no one to look after her although there are too many relatives and friends who would be only too glad to take care of her. But then I feel that the life goes on and no one miss anyone much after a couple of days, months or at most a few years. It's human psychology that we get worried about our most loved ones and nothing else.

littlewitch66 and Elsa like this.
  4. Elsa

I totally agree with you, @Mika . That's my biggest fear, too. I guess such kind of worry is just natural for caring parents like us (others don't care at all about what will happen or is happening to their child).

littlewitch66 and Mika like this.
  5. nangk08

nangk08 Active Member

I think it is the biggest fear of most of the parents. I too fear the same thing regarding my son, he just turned 10 and I am 41 and so I always have this in my mind that something will happen to me and there will be no one to love him. I know my husband will never let that happen as he too loves our son a lot, but I just cannot get rid of that fear. I guess all mothers live with it!

Mika, littlewitch66 and Elsa like this.
  6. Elsa

Yes, I do think that is the biggest fear of most parents - to die with unfinished business regarding their kids. It's not that we do not trust our partners. It's just that most moms take care and worry more about their children's needs more than the fathers.

nangk08 likes this.
  7. AmieBotella

AmieBotella Member

This is one of the fears that made me stay up wide awake a few years back. I am just 36 now. This fear happened when I was just 30. My husband is currently working abroad and I am a stay at home mom. There came a time where my husband's work is not dependable that time. Financially we were just getting by every day and this worry has built its empire in my mind. I remember waking up in the middle of the night fearing things that hasn't even happened and yet I would fear almost everything associated with my future. This has kept going on and I always dread night time because I couldn't sleep. I fear everyday that when I meet an accident or if my husband suddenly meet an accident abroad, what will happen to my baby. Just like what you have been saying here that you fear. This has consumed me. Until one night, this has manifested into something more in my mind. I remember waking up in the middle of the night once more not because of overthinking but I felt that someone sat beside me and the bed just bent over because of that and that's the reason I woke up. Somebody sat beside me. So when i woke up, there was no on in the room but me and my baby in his crib. I stood up and felt the familiar fear. That's when things took a turn for me. Fear grew on me more and more each night. And I kept awake most of the nights but pretend everything is alright for the sake of my son and family. I remember there was a time I would watch some horror film to forestall the fear and so I did watch the docu series A Haunting. And it sure did harbor fear in me. But doing so made me realize one thing. After I finished watching it, and tried to have some shut eye, the familiar fear came creeping in. The fear that I felt from the worries about my future is the same one that haunted me once again. And the fear that I felt from watching something scary is not the same thing! i don't know if I was making any sense to al of you, but this is all true. This is when I tried to seek comfort from above. I prayed. I knelt down and prayed my heart out. I asked for guidance to help me deal with the problem I am having. And that's when I learned about theopostic prayer. I shelled out every fear I have inside me and I acknowledged and cast them out in my life. It was not an easy task but I was able to conquer it because of God.

One thing I've learned from all of this, there are countless things that can happen in our lives that we do not have control over, but when we do, we have to act on it. I do not have control over what will happen if I'm gone, but I can do something about the way I handle this every day. I can live in fear and I can also live in peace. I've hold on to Matthew 6. Do Not Worry. [v34]Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Mika likes this.
  8. nangk08

nangk08 Active Member

Annie, we all have that kind of fear but when that fear totally consumes us and we think of nothing but just that, I think it is time to seek help. It can be in any way such as talking to friends, family or sometimes, even a professional, but someone to whom you can confide into. I think you should do exactly that., speak to someone. And yes, prayer and faith helps a lot too. All the best!

9. AmieBotella

AmieBotella Member

I am glad and proud to say I've overcome that period of my fearful life. I am taking life as it goes and always hope for the best and learn from things that has been holding me down. Theopostic prayer has helped me a lot in dealing this through the help of my sister. And I am glad I was able to share this and hope that I've shed light to those who might've experienced fear in their lives. Things get better, you just have to first acknowledge that you need help and that you are not okay. Then things will just go on and lead you to resolve it through the help of the ones you seek help from. It may be God- if you're a believer or other higher divine power that you may acknowledge in your life or just simply someone you trust.

nangk08 and littlewitch66 like this.
  10. Karina Teck

Karina Teck Member

11. Karina Teck

Karina Teck Member

We have d same fear. Sometimes I just look my son, and pray to god to always watch over us because I know nobody can take care him like me. I know he has his dad and other relatives but I do have an eye on him 24/7. Let's just hope for the best that we live to see him until we are really old.

12. Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020 Member

I too have that fear, my kids are are 12 and 14 years old and I just suffered a stroke last year, the main cause was according to my doctor's were Stress and an Unhealthy Lifestyle so hearing this, I took some time off from my business and settled on doing online work which has a very low stress level and started exercising after my after my therapy, now I'm doing a bit of cycling every other day and I'm going to the gym 3x a week for some light workout. I'm also eating a lot of healthy foods like different fruits and vegetables and I'm trying to eat less pork and beef by eating a lot of chicken and fish. I believe in living stress free with a good diet and proper exercise would give me a healthy body which can prolong my life.

13. Jason76

Jason76 Active Member

As of right now, I'm worried about my elderly mom. She is at home with massive dementia - and I often leave at least one vehicle - with the key included. The reason being is I don't want to hurt her feelings - saying she cannot drive, when she insists not!

Anyhow, the truck I left there now - considering I went out of town to see my girlfriend - has bad breaks, and as I said before, she shouldn't be driving that - even if the breaks were good!

O.K., another big fear is that my family will throw her away in a nursing home. Myself, I got power of attorney to protect her from it, but surely the feuding members of my family will fight it.

But, why do I feel a nursing home is too harsh? Well, she's a country person, an independent type - and honestly, her problems, aside from driving, are exaggerated.

14. tyche

tyche Active Member

My biggest fear is to have no source of income, since having financial problems is one of the things I don't like to experience.

15. Liranda

Liranda New Member

About my daughter's future.

16. mildredtabitha

mildredtabitha Member

I think my biggest fear is lossing people that I care about in mylife.But I also know that nothing is permanent and seasons change.So I must just be strong and handle whatever life gives me.

17. Florry

Florry New Member

My greatest fear is leaving my girls young in this cruel world nobody to guide them. Relatives sometimes disappoint. They can't be trusted.

18. Jason

Jason Member

Obviously, at the moment, the greatest fear of any parent is Coronavirus. Personally I think I will lose my mind if my kid is infected or something of that kind. At the same time, I hate it that we have to limit their play and interaction with other kids. As it's quite depressing to them.