Off topic

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Karina Teck, Jan 4, 2018.

Tags:
?

Any questions?

1. Google is like a dictionary.

100.0%
  2. Yes, no?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Karina Teck

Karina Teck Member

How many times do you Google on your phone? What are the best topics that are interesting to you? Is it true that grown ups google everything?

2. Elsa

Elsa Starlight Baby Employee Staff Member

I'm not really sure how many times I Google about things on my phone on a daily basis, haha. I Google various topics, most of the time about my kids' assignments and movies that I'm not familiar with - who is the actor, what's the gist of the story, what is its rating, etc. I'm sure a lot of grown ups with internet access Google a lot of info because it's the easiest and fastest way to learn about a topic. It's like a modern encyclopedia, if you know what that is because it's kind of old (and you're still young) and may have become 'obsolete' in other places.

3. Karina Teck

Karina Teck Member

Hi thanks for commenting on this question, that's nice to know. I google almost everything or topics I am interested in. Yes I know what that means because I know until this day google's expanding. It's like a dictonary and encyclopedia whatever we type in it to want know off. I love google because it makes things easier well for young and older people today.

4. AmieBotella

AmieBotella Member

I am a total Google dependent these days. I google from topics such as how old is this actor, or when's the next episode getting aired? Or the study about the controversial Dengvaxia to pronunciation or translations or spellings. I try to search and ask Google more these days mainly to optimize my time in my work, my family and myself. It may probably be true that google is a necessary part of my life but I still think that it's not a necessity. I mean I've lived most of my life just relying on books and infomercials and I think I can still manage to without google but I wouldn't prefer it now.

5. Karina Teck

Karina Teck Member

Hi that's nice to know @AmieBotella . I use Google when I want to do research on various topics and in case of a emergency I can say it helps me maneuver around with things am not sure about so I use it alot.

I love reading books maybe you can recommend some for me if it's not to much trouble. It makes me relax my mind whenever I can't focus on things.

AmieBotella likes this.
  6. AmieBotella

AmieBotella Member

Hi Karina! What type of books do you like reading? If your interest is fiction, I'd like to recommend books by Nora Roberts. You can look for our trusted google here for free e-books if you just want to read them for free in your mobile. My favorite book from her are the Bride Quartet and the Key Trilogy. She's an amazing author and her stories are very complex yet you can just get lost in the stories.

I am currently reading Brain on Fire by Susannah Cahalan. This is an autobiography about her journey with a rare autoimmune disease that affected her and her recovery. What piqued my interest into this book is how her first attack seemed to look like she's been possessed by some demon, just like in the movie Exorcist. Which she explained in this very book. I am halfway through it and I must say that it's a very good informative book.

lastly, If you are looking for motivational book, I would like to suggest Produced by Faith by Devon Franklin. It's a good book about living our lives and being firm in our beliefs too. I hope you'd find these books worth reading too.

7. tyche

tyche Active Member

I use Google everyday, and I tend to search a lot of topics, so I'm pretty much Google dependent. I don't even want to use another search engine aside from Google.

8. Karina Teck

Karina Teck Member

9. Karina Teck

Karina Teck Member

I am more of friction and romantic books. Hope you don't find it strange.haha. I will definitely read Nora Roberts book, sounds good thanks a bunch. There are just days that I want to read a scary book. I know that feeling that you just can't stop reading and time passes by so fast. I love that feeling because it distract my mind which I need. Glad you like are halfway there. Enjoy.

AmieBotella likes this.
  10. Karina Teck

Karina Teck Member

So glad that Google exist right @tyche ? Make life easier. Sometimes I just wonder what I would do without it.

11. tyche

tyche Active Member

Well, during the 80's and 90's there was also no Google yet that time, but there were libraries and newspapers already, so I guess we had to make do with just that.

12. AmieBotella

AmieBotella Member

Oh I enjoy romantic novels too. If you're strange, then I'm strange too. :) Pocketbooks from Mills and Boon are also nice read for me. My favorite authors there are Miranda Lee and Helen Bianchin. Short love story novels are worth in one sitting for me because I cannot put the book down. But when you do want to get lost in reading, then do try Nora Roberts books.

13. Karina Teck

Karina Teck Member

Lol. I will definitely try Nora Roberts I am going to take your advice from the best adviser of book. Thanks alot.

14. Karina Teck

Karina Teck Member

So old school. I love it it's like reading a book but everything was manually I think am I right?

15. Mika

Mika Active Member

I am using Google regularly for various reasons. In fact, whenever I have a doubt about anything especially the stats of a particular thing I reconfirm before writing it. Incidentally being a marketing professional I must know the facts before opening my mouth so I make sure that what I say or quote is close to the facts. I Google otherwise too especially for the purpose of staying informed about the latest news.

16. Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020 Member

Whenever I need answers, I just google it. I think googling is the best solution in finding definitive answers to all my questions, also I use it for finding and reading products and website reviews. I think Google is an everyday tool that people nowadays can't live without.

17. mildredtabitha

mildredtabitha Member

I think google has helped in a huge way.I mean you can find all answers to your questions in a minute.its better than using books and its fast.:)