How to get pregnant?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Jasmin Cottontail, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin Cottontail Active Member

My hubby and I are trying to have a baby for 3 years now and I'm a bit devastated because up to now I can't still conceive. I don't know what seems to be the problem. I'm taking care of myself since I know that it's important to stay healthy if one is trying to get pregnant. A few months ago, I got delayed for a month and I got a bit excited as I thought that I might be expecting, but unfortunately, I'm not. Any advice? :(

2. Binu

Binu Member

The best way to get pregnant to have sex, and have it often. If you and your partner do not have any reproductive complications, the woman can get pregnant in couple of attempts. If you have sex too often but cannot conceive, you must remember to have sex during the ovulation period. If this does not work you and your partner need to see a doctor.

3. TheKnight

TheKnight Active Member

I don't think you should try artificial methods because I've heard that most of them can be dangerous for you or the baby. Supposedly each female has a fertile day or fertile days and you should go to a doctor and try to figure out when you're most fertile. In those days, you're most likely to get pregnant.

Elsa likes this.
  4. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

With my first wife, she has no problem conceiving because she got pregnant within the first year of our marriage. But my second wife has issues with her reproductive system hence we have no child. The doctor said that my (second) wife’s ovaries are weak in producing egg cells so she had to undergo a work up with fertility pills. But the complication is that her active ovaries tend to develop cysts. On the first occasion, a cyst ruptured and I brought her to the hospital for an emergency surgery. On the second occasion, it was laparoscopy, a non-invasive surgery to remove the threatening cysts in her ovary. There was a third occasion but fortunately it was not tragic unlike the first two.

5. Decentlady

Decentlady Active Member

If you have been trying to conceive on the correct dates and it is still not working then may be it is time to consult a gyno.

The doctor can advice the correct days according to your menstrual cycle and might test your partners sperm to see if all is well.

6. tony

tony Active Member

Have you gone for medical check up. If you haven't I will advise both of you do that. That said, one of the best times to conceive is your ovulation period. Get to know when you are on this period and make lots of sex throughout the period.

7. Miches

Miches Active Member

A sperm can last inside a woman's body for 3-5 days so you can work around the ovulation period to get the highest chances of getting yourself pregnant. A practical tip I've read years ago from a health columnist is to have sex every 30 to 36 hours as this gives the male population a chance to refresh or renew their sperm count/production capabilities. He says that it is better than having sex everyday.

8. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

Doesn't member of your family who is barren or anyone of your hubby's family who is impotent? Sometimes, it could be traceable to such conditions. By the way, how long have you been married? If you want to see the doctor for that problem, I am sure he will give the right and appropriate bits of advice on what to do and also prescribe you the proper medicine that could help you getting pregnant.

9. AlexZ

AlexZ New Member

Knоw yоur сyсlе. Figurе оut whеn prесisеly yоu аrе оvulаting by tеmping аnd/оr using оvulаtiоn prеdiсtiоn kits. Mаkе surе yоu'rе prоduсing fеrtilе сеrviсаl muсus. Mаkе surе thеrе аrе аt lеаst 12 dаys in bеtwееn оvulаtiоn аnd thе bеginning оf yоur nеxt pеriоd. Mаkе surе yоur tеmpеrаturе risеs аftеr оvulаtiоn (аnd stаys up until yоur nеxt pеriоd). соnsult а dосtоr if аnything is wrоng.

10. Jasmin Cottontail

Well we actually don't have any relatives or history of being impotent. We've been together for almost 6 years now. I think I'll do that (see a doctor) to see if there's something wrong. I'm just a bit scared of what might the doctor says or if there's something wrong with me, perhaps that's one of the reasons why I don't normally visit my gynecologist.

11. Jasmin Cottontail

That's what I'm actually doing, although I don't use prediction kits. What about Ovulation or Women's app? I'm actually basing my fertile days on my Period tracker app, I'm just not sure if it's accurate though. Do you think they are accurate or can be used as basis?

12. Jasmin Cottontail

I never really used artificial methods since I'm afraid of the negative effects of it. Yes I'm currently tracking my fertile days using an app, though I'm not sure if it's accurate. But I'm planning to visit a doctor and see what seems to be the problem, I just hope nothing's wrong with me :oops:

13. tony

tony Active Member

I think one important action you should take is go see the doctor, you and your partner better. You don't have to be scared of what the doctor going to say but the solution. I guess the earlier you go see your doctor now the better. Three years is a long time for you to have done this.

14. James McAllister

James McAllister Kinacle Employee Staff Member

First off, so sorry to hear about everything that's gone on so far. But I wanted to say, with the right clinic IVF has a very high success rate.

It's certainly more complicated and there's a lot that goes into it but they wouldn't go through with it if it was going to be dangerous. It's an option to keep in mind.

I don't have any advice to add that hasn't already been mentioned but I will let you know that I'm wishing you the best, I can only imagine the emotions you're feeling and you and your family are in my thoughts. One way or another, I believe in my heart that you will find a way to have children. :emoji_slight_smile:

15. TheKnight

TheKnight Active Member

Don't worry, though. Even if they tell you that there is little to no chance of getting pregnant, you can still most definitely get pregnant if you try enough. My cousin was told the same thing after 2 years of trying almost every night. Guess what? A few days ago, she announced that she is pregnant and is now three months into it.

Yes, you should visit a doctor so they can tell you what is going on and he/she might give you better tips on how to get pregnant if you ask. Doctors are a lot more accurate.

Elsa likes this.
  16. Jasmin Cottontail

You're right, I really don't have to be scared but I don't know, I'm just hoping that everything is fine that I'm probably just stressed out or not having a good diet that's why I'm not getting pregnant. But yes we will definitely visit the doctor, I'll make it on my top priority this month, thanks a lot :)

17. Jasmin Cottontail

Thanks a lot for your kind words. I do appreciate it. Yeah, all the comments are pointing in one direction, I really need to see a doctor to know what can be wrong about me and I hope she can give me some advice or therapy on how to conceive. Even though I think we're doing the right thing, I guess it isn't enough (that's why I still can't get pregnant) so I think it's time for us to seek professional help. Thanks a lot :) Cheers!

18. Jasmin Cottontail

Yes I guess that part is what really scares me, if the doctor will tell me that I can't get pregnant. I don't know how would I react and I would definitely fall into great depression and I never want that :( But I think I should really visit the doctor to know what seems to be wrong so the doctor can give me tips on what are the right things to do. Anyway, I'm happy for your cousin that she now is expecting. Thanks a lot for your advice :)

19. TheKnight

TheKnight Active Member

If by some reason you can't get pregnant, you can always adopt. I know it isn't the same but it's a chance to give a child the love, care, and future they never and wish they could have. I'm sure you'll love that adopted child just as much and they'll love you as well. Don't think of that result as being depressing much, think of an opportunity to change a child's life. Take it as a chance to be a human's angel. There are tons of children that need parents.

Elsa likes this.
  20. Jasmin Cottontail

Thanks for your kind words. You are right. Yes we can always adopt but I think it's costly as well. And although it's like the same as having your own child since you will raise them as your own, love them, care for them, feed them, it will still not be the same as bearing your own. I've known some people who adopt children but still, they have their own kids as well.

Anyway, all of these will be answered after I visit a doctor so I guess I'll just have to pray for it then, that everything is fine and will always be :)

TheKnight likes this.
  21. Vinaya

Vinaya Member

There are various ways to get pregnant. One is to have sex, and have it often. If you cannot conceive normally, you will have to visit an obstetrician and check where the fault lies (whether in the woman or man). You can go for artificial insemination or in-vitro fertilization.

22. TheKnight

TheKnight Active Member

It isn't the same but if you have no other choice, it's best to look at the bright side and try to think less of the negatives. I hope you lots of good fortune on your results and if you want, you can share it here but if not, it's all good as long as you're happy with the positive result.

23. Jasmin Cottontail

Yes. I'll definitely share it here :) I'm glad there are a lot of supportive people in here and at least I can get some good advice. Thanks so much for your advice and I also hope that I'll be able to conceive this year haha :D Or probably early next year. I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks a lot. Cheers! :)

TheKnight likes this.
  24. bunmmybukky

bunmmybukky New Member

I believe in what people are saying here, you and your husband need to close to each other in sex. Having sex regularly will produce pregnancy. But if that one fails, you need to see your Doctor. If that one fails too, I know someone who cannot fail and that is God. You turn to Him for the last solution because He is giver of all things.

25. icanbe

icanbe New Member

I am a newlywed and my husband and I strongly would love to conceive. Since my period jumps around by a couple of days, I think the trick is really understanding WHEN ovulation actually occurs. I think that we are supposed to make sure that we are active BEFORE that period by a couple of days. I think the most important thing when trying to conceive is to just enjoy your partner not just to focus on the baby's conception, but for the relationship or marriage.

26. workingbuck

workingbuck Active Member

I would be watching this thread carefully since me and my wife have the same problem. She has been stressed out lately because of the same problem even though we do have an active sex life. I have been telling her that we might need to see a doctor to check out if we have problems. thanks for the thread.

27. Elsa

Elsa Starlight Baby Employee Staff Member

Stress can play a big part in problems with conception. Maybe you both should try to slow down, and relax. And best of all, consult experts to rule out all possible reasons why you're not able to conceive. When you already know the reason, it's easier to know what to do about it. Best of luck to you both. Just keep praying for it... as the Bible says: "Ask and it shall be given to you..."

Jasmin Cottontail likes this.
  28. Jasmin Cottontail

Yes I believe that stress is one huge factor to consider when trying to conceive, and I must admit that I get stressed easily. I'm trying to clear my head and to relax but sometimes it's just so hard to do. Yes, our best option right now is to seek professional help so we know what causes this and what do we have to do to get pregnant. Thanks for your kind words :)

Elsa likes this.
  29. Elsa

Elsa Starlight Baby Employee Staff Member

You're most welcome @Jasmin Cottontail. I'm sure you'll be able to sort things out and finally have a baby.

Jasmin Cottontail likes this.
  30. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

From your post it seems you have not sought medical help. So many things can go wrong and those could be rectified. It could be even your husband that may need medical intervention. If the sperm count is low that is one of the reasons so also the health of a sperm that could die even before it copulates with your egg. And about you you may have an acidic cervix that can kill the sperm, your Fallopian tubes could be blocked. These are some of the many issues that could prevent you from becoming pregnant.