My niece baptism

Discussion in 'Babies' started by Heatman, Mar 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Heatman

Heatman Active Member

Finally my cute nice Amanda was baptized in the Lord yesterday and have her put in a good relationship with God. I just feel like letting you all know because I feel that we are all family members here already.

Some of her baptism pictures are below ; IMG-20180328-WA0030.jpg IMG-20180328-WA0031.jpg

2. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting the pictures. We also give baptism importance that it is one of the big events in a child's life. Usually there is a party with lots of food and in return, the baptized baby receives many gifts from the guests. Congratulations to the parents of your niece for making their baby a Christian. It is big deal for us.

littlewitch66 and Heatman like this.
  3. tyche

tyche Active Member

Wow, what a cute little baby! Congrats too that she has been baptized already. As for me, I don't think my baptism was ever documented, I don't see any photos.

4. nangk08

nangk08 Active Member

She is simply so cute.....Congratulations to her and her family and best wishes. You really are a proud uncle! :)

Heatman likes this.
  5. Heatman

Heatman Active Member

Thanks so much for the nice words @Alexandoy, it means a lot to me and my family. We value our religion very well. My father is actually a Knight in the catholic church ; Knight of Saint Mulumba. So, getting baptized is a must for everyone in our family.

6. Heatman

Heatman Active Member

Thanks for the compliments @tyche, she is indeed a very cute little princess. So sorry to hear that your baptism wasn't documented, this is one of the advantages of this generation of children. I doubt if smartphone were being used at the time when you were baptized, if not you're parents might have taken some pictures.

7. littlewitch66

littlewitch66 Active Member

What a lovely picture. My granddaughter is not baptized as her parents did not want her to be. If she wants to be when she is older I will be happy to arrange it for her, I am leaving the decision to her. It's quite a common practice over here nowadays to let the child choose her own religion when older.

8. tyche

tyche Active Member

@Heatman, Yes, during the late 80's all that was available was the old school camera, and I can't seem to find pics of my baptism either, lol. I guess it got lost or I had none to begin with. lol.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  9. Heatman

Heatman Active Member

It's true my dear, we have adult baptism here as well. I think about 10 adults were baptized on the eve of Easter Sunday in our parish last night. It's good that you decided to allow your granddaughter to be the choosing to either be baptized or not, so that it wouldn't be anyone that forced her into any religion she doesn't want to be a part of.

littlewitch66 likes this.
  10. Holmes22

Holmes22 Active Member

Always a special moment for a young family and I still have good memories of those days. You will look back on the day and smile so I am glad that it went well and you have photos to remember it.

11. Heatman

Heatman Active Member

You are damn right about me being a proud uncle. That little angel has melted my heart more than anything I have ever encountered in my life. At this moment, she is officially the love of my life :).

nangk08 likes this.
  12. Heatman

Heatman Active Member

You are absolutely correct, pictures keeps memories saved for you over the ages. It would always interest and impress the baby anytime she grew up and see her baptism pictures. I'm happy to have it both online and on this platform, should I lose my current device, I can still have access to the pictures.