How long did it take you to get pregnant?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Kakashi2020, May 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020 Member

It took us 2 5 long years trying our best to conceive before my wife became pregnant.
    I really don't know why it took us that long, we checked out with compatible blood types and we were both healthy, but it took us that long, I remember my wife always thinking, disapointed and sometimes scared that maybe somethings wrong or that she may be too old, she was in her early 30's then. But older relatives keeps telling her that sometimes it's hard for couples to conceive their first child and that it usually takes a year or two and that it is just normal. This came true after 2.5 years she got pregnant with our first child and we were so happy when our boy arrived.

2. littlewitch66

littlewitch66 Active Member

Not long with my first and with my second I conceived with a contraceptive coil at the age of 36 so I must have been very fertile! I do feel for people who struggle to become pregnant. I had a friend who gave up because she could not become pregnant after years of trying and then she had three children very close together! Never give up.

3. Folk Artist

Folk Artist Active Member

You should also try really hard when you are ovulating- you can get a Combo Pack of Ovulation and Pregnancy tests to find out when you are ovulating, so you can have sex at the right times. Also your partner could get his sperm tested- which could be slow or nonexistent. The reason being, is that the guy could have Azoospermia- the name of a medical condition that occurs when a man's semen contains no sperm.

cmoneyspinner likes this.
  4. cmoneyspinner

cmoneyspinner New Member

I was married at the end of the year, the day before New Year's Eve, and the following year, 10 months later, we had our first child. After that, it was a child born every 18 months to 2 years. After the child that we thought was our last child was born, there was a period of 7 years. Then ... Surprise! Surprise!

We had a baby girl. She broke the tie! Before she was born there were 5 boys and 5 girls. She was Girl 6. :emoji_family_mmgb:

Yes. It is indeed a wonderful, blessing to be able to bear so many children and maintain my health. But I don't recommend it! :emoji_grinning::emoji_blush:

littlewitch66 likes this.
  5. kaka135

kaka135 Active Member

@cmoneyspinner It's really wonderful to have so many children!! Your home must be always filled with kids' laughter, and perhaps sometimes fights. I always like to have more kids, but I don't think my health can take it.

I found out I was pregnant the month after we got married, so it really didn't take me long to get pregnant. I had my first child when I was 30 years old. When we were planning to have our second and third child, I got pregnant not long after that too. I guess there are just some people who get pregnant easier, and some might not be. I have friends who couldn't get pregnant after years even though they have consulted the doctors. Yes, it's really a blessing when the baby arrives.

cmoneyspinner likes this.
  6. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

I think getting pregnant depends on the physical attributes of the couple. When the woman is pregnant the man needed to be in good condition with his sperm count and the dynamism of the sperm cells.If the factors do not match then there is the difficulty which may need professional help. I learned recently that a friend in Thailand resorted to the IVF - in vitro fertilization - which uses the test tube. They underwent 3 times but all failed.

7. tyche

tyche Active Member

I think it's a case to case basis, but the usual reason that I hear is that the sperm count of the male can be really low.