How To Use The Blogging System

Discussion in 'Announcements / Meta' started by James McAllister, Nov 28, 2017.

1. James McAllister

James McAllister Kinacle Employee Staff Member

Hello Starlight Baby Community!

In this post I'd like to announce the opening of the Blogs section, and talk a bit more about it's purpose and how to use it.

The blog lets you write and publish posts and journal entries, either publicly or completely privately. You can manage entries on an individual basis, and can even share select entries with only certain people, if you want to.

The system is fairly basic and allows everything you'd want out of a simple journaling system, including formatting, inserting pictures / video, and so forth.

You can see an example below:
    Blogging System.PNG

Don't Want Your Entries Viewable By Others?

Not a problem! Simply uncheck the 'View your entry' box before publishing. They will only be viewable by you, and hidden from the main blog feed.

[​IMG]
    Additional Features:

• Browse your entries by month, making it simple to jump back in time and view your journal entries from when your child was a certain age, or through the duration of your pregnancy, etc.
    • Download a complete copy of your blog at any time to be stored offline on your computer, tablet or phone.
    • Customize and personalize your blog's theme to make it unique and tailored to you.
    • Optionally, allow people to comment on your blog entries and share their thoughts.
    • 'Watch' select blogs from other people, allowing you to view your favorite blogs in one place. You will also receive a forum notification when new entries are published.
    • Categorize and tag blog entries for better organization.
    • Search blog entries. Want to find entries you've posted only about a specific topic? Our search function integrates perfectly with this new system!
    • Integrates perfectly with the rest of the forum. A 'B' will appear next to your name on the forums if you have a blog. Clicking on it will take you to that person's blog home page! In addition, you will receive notifications when people leave comments on your blog.
    • And much more!
    This new system was another step towards our forum expansion set to take place in early 2018. We're hoping that offering so many features in one place, while continuing to grow such an awesome community, will help Starlight Baby's forum become the website of choice for new parents to connect and converse in, as time goes on.

Have any questions? Feel free to send me a PM at any time. I'll be happy to help!

2. James McAllister

James McAllister Kinacle Employee Staff Member

Reserved post, in case I need to add extra information here.