Are the New Age Kids Getting Matured Too Soon?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by moondebi, May 21, 2017.

1. Jason76

Jason76 Active Member

Many of the kids are tech-savvy. However, though, they're also growing up, at least in the US, in a bad economy, one near the very bottom. In that case, the technology seems to be a really good escape, one the Great Depression generation didn't have.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  2. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

Honestly it was such a joy having those old school of thought kids around us.
    They were great to be with but today's kids are cat's whiskers and I do not enjoy their company

3. Jason76

Jason76 Active Member

Kids in the 2000s weren't so bad. The net was in existence, but the technology wasn't so much. I think cellphone and tablet usage has gotten over-the-top.

4. remnant

remnant Member

I followed an article on the BBC and heard that this could be as a result of improved nutrition but also a pointer to evolving trends where kids are being exposed in more complex lifestyle settings than before. There is also this research pointing to the fact that IQ increases by a certain factor in every generation. But this doesn't tell the whole story, there are a lot of imbalanced souls out there who don't know what to do with life.

5. Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020 Member

I think so too, kids nowadays are getting to advance for their age, it's the side effect of modern technology specifically the internet. internet ready devices like smartphones, phablets, tablets and wearables like internet watches and the like are helping kids to mature faster by giving them too much knowledge and information too soon. Some people are saying that it's a sign of development and progress but for me, I want my kids to enjoy their childhood in a normal, old fashioned way, I don't want them to mature sooner than they have to be.

nangk08 likes this.
  6. nangk08

nangk08 Active Member

I agree with you Kakashi. I think every stage should happen in its own natural way and not before time. Even though kids are getting more mature now, they are still unable to handle crisis situation or face difficulties and hence, depression among young kids also is on the rise. A bane of the modern times.

Kakashi2020 likes this.
  7. Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020 Member

I think we are at a time of transition from the old generation to the new one and we really don't know what will happen, if this kind of modernization is good or has bad side effects on our kids. More and more kids nowadays are sacrificing offline friends and play time outdoors for online games and online friends, I think this could have negative social effects for kids in the future.

nangk08 likes this.
  8. mynameisshieldler

mynameisshieldler New Member

I don't think so. What I only know and believe is that, you will be just once so embrace it. You have to enjoy it and treasure it.