Breast feed !!

Discussion in 'Babies' started by trebor2017, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Rmarsh1984

Rmarsh1984 New Member

Thanks. Yes, she was born January 17th. She is a very good eater lol. Never had any issues with her at the start of nursing her. She was born over 10 pounds and has only gotten bigger! It certainly is easier to breastfeed, no bottle prep to worry about, and the diaper bag is much lighter without having to bring all the extras to feed her on the go.

I'm glad I weaned my son when I did though. We were finished for only a month before I discovered my youngest was on the way. Both my son's sleep and mine greatly improved after we were done, which couldn't have been timed more perfectly as pregnancy is exhausting! Haha. I'm not sure how long I'll nurse this little one for either. I am going to start pumping milk for her so we can try bottles for her so she can be left with someone else should the need arise. That was something my son never allowed me to do, he HATED bottles, even with my own milk in them.

kaka135 likes this.
  2. kaka135

kaka135 Active Member

Congratulations to you! It's always nice to know a baby is born and happily being breastfed too. I guess your son didn't like bottle because there's no smell and feel of mom there. ;)

Though there are many benefits for breastfeeding, there can be many challenges for breastfeeding moms too. I have heard from my friends, some of their babies refuse being bottle fed, and some refuse direct breastfed, and hence the moms have to pump out the milk and bottle feed the babies. Hope your youngest are okay with both, so it'll be easier for you too.

3. BelindaMT

BelindaMT New Member

My two kids are breastfeeding. It is not only the baby who benefits breastfeeding but also the mother as well. Breast milk contains antibodies which is really good for babies and a low chance of having allergies and asthma for babies. In my experience as a mother, I noticed when I am breastfeeding my baby, I lose weight rapidly. It was hassle free at the same time because you don't need to wash feeding bottle and sterilized bottle and most of all you can save money. Formula milk is expensive nowadays. Breastfeeding for 2 years is the best and recommended by the pediatrician.

4. JiLLian

JiLLian New Member

My baby is now 6 months and she's exclusively breastfed. I didn't give her vitamins because I know that my breastmilk has complete vitamins and minerals. It contains antibodies that help our baby fight off viruses and bacteria.