Caesarian Section - what was your experience?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by littlewitch66, May 23, 2017.

1. littlewitch66

littlewitch66 Active Member

With my first child I had placenta praevia, a condition where the afterbirth forms too low and grows either partly or completely over the birth canal which means a woman cannot have a normal delivery. The first sign was losing small clots at 27 weeks and as this is a potentially life threatening condition I was kept in hospital for the rest of my pregnancy and told I would be having a c-section.

I was upset because I really wanted a normal delivery and although my baby was born healthy I felt quite ill after and was unable to appreciate him. However this was some 36 years ago and conditions have probably changed since then.

What was your experience with a c-section and how did you feel after?

2. moondebi

moondebi Member

I did not face any problem after c-section. Frankly speaking, I always wanted child birth through c-section as I was pretty frightened with the idea of bearing labor pain which is obvious in normal delivery.
    Within couple of days of the procedure, I could walk, and after sever days or so, did not have any discomfort of any sort. Then perhaps, as you've mentioned, the procedure must have improved a lot over the years.

littlewitch66 likes this.