Did you know you were pregnant right away?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by thisnthat, Aug 23, 2017.

1. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

Did you know you were pregnant before you even took a pregnancy test or even before you missed your period? Could you tell by the way you felt? If not with your first baby, did you with any that followed?

I didn't really know with the first one. With following pregnancies, I knew right away. I just felt so different. Also, morning sickness came on quickly, which was also a pretty good indicator.

BelindaMT likes this.
  2. Elsa

Elsa Starlight Baby Employee Staff Member

On my first pregnancy, I didn't know right away either. I did suspect it though because I've already missed my period, which is the usual indicator if one has regular menstruation. And since we do know our body, we can notice the changes happening. And you're right, morning sickness is also a very good indicator.

3. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

Yes, our bodies talk to us if we listen. I know my body well, so even the slightest difference makes me curious. I start figuring out what's going on instantly.

Another weird thing was I always got a cold, a really bad cold, immediately after getting pregnant. I don't know the significance of that, but I'm glad I was already aware and didn't take cold medicine.

4. Risa

Risa Starlight Baby Employee Staff Member

In my case, I have had clues that I am pregnant even with my first time. Way back then, I often felt dizzy that I couldn't handle to ride a bus. I also had been visiting the bathroom at frequent intervals. I disliked tuna with the mere scent of it, even if it was my personal favorite before.
    @thisnthat, you're right! Our body shows signs when something new is happening inside.

thisnthat likes this.
  5. Heatman

Heatman Active Member

I think it all depends on one's ability to notice her body changes the moment it happens. There are some people who are so slow in detecting a little change in their body system, and this makes it virtually impossible for them to know they are pregnant or that their body is changed until they went for test.

But there are some really good observant ladies that are so sharp in noticing any slight change in their body. My sister is one of such person. The moment she took in, she knew from the first few weeks and went to hospital to confirm it.

6. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

Well, if they went for a test, they must have had at least some idea that they might be pregnant. ;)

It's true that some people are more in tune with their bodies than others are. I've actually heard of women who didn't even know they were pregnant until they went into labor. Even then, they didn't know what was causing the pain, and only found out once they got checked out. I can't imagine. It does happen though.

7. littlewitch66

littlewitch66 Active Member

Yes I knew right away even with my first pregnancy. I felt different, I couldn't stop wanting to use the toilet, I had a tight feeling across my stomach and I felt generally different. In fact my first test was negative but I knew without a doubt I was pregnant. I can never believe these stories where women give birth without even knowing they were having a baby although I suppose if you keep having periods and don't put on much weight it is possible.

8. Julhian

Julhian New Member

I didn't know that I was pregnant right away because I only thought that my period was delayed. Not until it was already 3 weeks delayed, that was the time I suspected and told my husband about it. So we took the pregnancy test, and there it was, POSITIVE.

Unlike other pregnant women, I didn't have the morning sickness or this weird cravings. That's why it took me a while to actually realized that I could be pregnant.

9. micah

micah New Member

I actually don't know if i am pregnant. I am 2 weeks delay. i don't know what to do :(

10. Julhian

Julhian New Member

Have you taken a pregnancy test? That's one way to find out. Or you can also visit an OB Gyne if you'd like to be 100% sure.

11. littlewitch66

littlewitch66 Active Member

It's much easier to tell if you are pregnant these days because of all the tests available. When I was young we had to go to the doctor who would take a urine sample and then we had to wait days for the results. These days you can tell instantly although I don't know how accurate these tests are.

12. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

The over the counter tests are pretty accurate. The doc once told me that they mostly work the same. You can try that first and then go to the doc for follow up.

I just found out that my daughter is pregnant again. :) I knew she was before she told me. I guess I can tell right away with other people too.

littlewitch66 likes this.
  13. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Active Member

Mothers-to-be are surely lucky in this modern time with the convenience of the pregnancy kit. Where before when the wife would feel strange, she would go to the doctor in order to determine if she is pregnant. But now you can buy a pregnancy test kit and do the simple testing by yourself.

14. AmieBotella

AmieBotella Member

In my case, I didn't know for about two month because i keep having my period. Although I noticed that they're (periods) usually shorter than my regular monthly period. Normally, my period is from 5 to 7 days. But when I was pregnant, it would stop at the 3rd day. And I thought, it was just normal. But then on my second-- going on my third month, I began to feel changes in my body. Like there;s a small bump on my tummy and my breasts are a little more bigger than they normally were. That's when I decided to go for the pregnancy kit.

15. BelindaMT

BelindaMT New Member

Just like you, I felt different too. I have irregularities in my menstruation so it's really difficult to check my self if I'm pregnant or not. One day, I feel sick and I have this feeling that maybe I was pregnant maybe that is what we call woman instinct. I didn't have morning sickness is just that I feel like I don't wanna go out or move around I only want to sleep. To give me peace of mind, I bought a pregnancy test and I found out I was really pregnant.

I guess being a woman, we really have this instinct about what we feel in our body and mostly what we feel were really right.

16. kayel

kayel New Member

On my first child, I didn't know that I was pregnant for three months! I was having regular "menstruation" for two months till I noticed that I haven't had my period in the third month. That is when I took Pregnancy Test and it was positive. So i and my hubby went to the OB to confirm, voila! OB said I was having a very active, bouncing baby, and i was nearing my 2nd trimester!

17. JiLLian

JiLLian New Member

In my case, I always have my regular menstruation so I suspected it already when it was a month delayed.

18. Mika

Mika Active Member

I think I can answer this one as my suspected she was as soon as she missed her periods. Incidentally my wife met her college attendant a week later, an elderly lady who claimed that she can tell a pregnant lady just by looking at her face. Although we did not believe in such things but she told my wife that she was pregnant and she will have a girl. She was right.

19. Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020 Member

Well I still remember when my wife got pregnant on our first child, before she she knew that she's pregnant, this is before she took a pregnancy test, her appetite for food had doubled and she always want to eat. Also there's a certain glow in her face but after I noticed her breasts became bigger, she suspected that she might be pregnant so she took the test and it was confirmed after we visited a doctor.