Food Cravings and Pregnant Women

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Kakashi2020, May 22, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020 Member

Is there a kind or type of food that women want most when they're pregnant? The reason I ask this question is because I've noticed that women have certain cravings for food that they really haven't tasted yet or for uncommon food.

Did you have such cravings, when you were pregnant?

2. Heatman

Heatman Active Member

My wife did and I must confess that it gets funny sometimes with what they crave for. Sometimes they might already finished already but turn and request to have some cheese or burgers.

The one that gets at me very well then was waking up in midnight to ask for ice cream. I would be like, woman where do you want me to get ice cream by this time of the night o_O?

Risa likes this.
  3. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

To be honest with the issue of food cravings and caprices of a pregnant woman, I guess it's natural for them to do that not exactly because they really crave for the food. My take on that is the pregnant woman is craving for attention from her husband or from people close to her like her mother. For example, she wanted green mangoes that are not in season. But when the husband was able to obtain green mango, the wife would take a bite and that's it. But I agree that some women are always hungry and craving for normal food.

Risa likes this.
  4. Heatman

Heatman Active Member

Haha, that exactly the case with my wife when she was pregnant with our first son. She would literally request for something and once it's brought she would just eat a little and that's it.

Just like an incident of craving ice cream one night, after I went through hell to get her ice cream, she just licked a part of it and dropped it. I was the one who literally ate it all. It's was a crazy night for me that very day.

5. Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020 Member

I think that hormonal changes that occur during pregnancy might be the cause of such cravings, because I ask my wife about it and she told me that everytime she gets pregnant she feels or craves for things to eat but after having a taste, the cravings suddenly disappear. Even she doesn't know why but she really feels that such cravings should be appeased because she really wants to taste it but not eat a whole lot of it.

Risa likes this.
  6. Risa

Risa Starlight Baby Employee Staff Member

I can personally relate to all your sentiments here. Haha! Because I, myself, have gone through these cravings 3 times. But in my case, I didn't have those weird late night moments when I would wake up my husband just to get something for me. Though, I admit, hunger really strikes beyond 12 midnight when you are pregnant. What I do was to have a stock of food in our room, so that when I wake up in the middle of the night, I have something to eat.

I also agree with the idea that it goes with the hormones and the wife being the attention-seeker and too clingy for her husband. That's really a part of pregnancy and lucky are those wives who have their husband by their side through these rough times.

As for the food I craved for, they are kind of different from each pregnancy. During my first, i craved for sour fruits, sour candies and one time, I'd like to mix them up with fresh milk. For my 2nd, I craved for sweets like ice cream, while on my third, I craved for mangoes.

7. tyche

tyche Active Member

I've never been pregnant, but I also noticed that weird cravings with my mom. It seems that they crave food combos that are weird in nature.

8. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

I don't know what's the reason or cause why preggy is craving foods usually out of season. That's what I have observed from my wife.

I am reluctant to provide her not because I didn't gave enough money to buy but for the reason that it would be not good for her.

But when she started to cry, I got panicked and did my best to buy it for her.