Games to play with baby

Discussion in 'Babies' started by thisnthat, Aug 26, 2017.

1. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

Not only is it wonderful to see babies smile and hear them laugh, but it's also good to teach babies things in fun ways. So, what games do you recommend playing with babies? I'm sure most people do the "peek a boo" thing, but what else? Do you know of other simple games that babies can enjoy and also learn from?

What games do you play with your baby?

2. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

Peek a boo is the most common but in our family, smothering is most popular. You kiss the baby's chest or tummy in a lightly fashion. It will tickle the baby and elicit a giggle. The close open is also a good one to teach the baby how to obey. Place your hand in front of the baby and make a fist then open your palm. Repeat that for the baby to imitate.

thisnthat likes this.
  3. Heatman

Heatman Active Member

Hide and seek game is what I enjoy playing with my little ones. They love it so much it drives them crazy. The thrill of actually finding someone in the game is what I think that interests them. The screaming at moment the hidden person is found gives me chills down my spine.

I know there are some other games kids indulge in but this hide and seek aspect is the one I enjoy doing with them.

4. kaka135

kaka135 Active Member

I guess the most I play with my baby is peek a boo, and tickling. My husband likes to kiss the baby's tummy like what Alexandoy mentioned, and the baby always loves it. Sometimes I use my finger as caterpillar and telling the caterpillar is coming or hiding, and the baby is happy to find it or see it.

thisnthat likes this.
  5. NicholasMukuha

NicholasMukuha Member

Well much of what I would have said has already been mentioned, so I will not repeat. One thing I have discovered is that babies like to be thrown up in the air and then get caught before, well you know, before they hit the cold hard ground. It amazes me how much faith they have. Another game I have seen them like, is catching them and running. It's in fact more fun when they are being chased by another party who the child feels is a threat.

6. tallulah

tallulah Active Member

Reading through all the different games just brought a smile to my face :). A baby's giggle makes the world so much beautiful. There is something so pure and so innocent about a child's giggle that just lights up a room. The only game that I think should not be encouraged is throwing up a small baby and catching them in mid-air. This is a dangerous game and anything could go wrong. Peekaboo, tickles, tummy kisses are all great games for babies.