Got Pregnant From Casual Sex...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by johnny666, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Mika

Mika Active Member

@Rmrsh 1984 I agree with you especially that the female is th one who takes the blame for a simple reason. Because she carries the baby and that gives her out whereas the male doesn't have any obvious sign of what he did or even has the advantage of refusing to take the responsibility. Therefore even if both the partners have equal responsibility the female has to be more careful before indulging in such an activity which might create problems for her. As they say the society still has the mentality that their boys are right and girls should take care. We all know that one can't clap with one hand.

Elsa likes this.
  2. littlewitch66

littlewitch66 Active Member

I was just casting my mind back to a young girl who was raped by her babysitter when she was 14. She became pregnant but hid it from her parents for most of the pregnancy. I think she was around 6 months when her mum found out. She had been so frightened and had no antenatal care but once her mum knew she did everything she could to help her. That child is now in her twenties and turned out to be the loveliest girl, her mum is now married and works as a nurse. The babysitter went to prison where he rightly stayed for some time.

In this case it really wasn't the girl's fault and despite what happened this child was brought up well and loved by all her family. Sometimes there is a happy ending despite a bad start.

Elsa likes this.
  3. AmieBotella

AmieBotella Member

Like most of you already stated, pre-marital sex these days is much more accepted generally in the whole world compared to the last 4-5 decades ago. However, those who got pregnant because of casual sex still is looked down today. I don't see why we should judge anyone for their actions. We can always have our beliefs but that doesn't put us in the upper place to judge others. Just because they sinned differently from ours, means we are blameless and better.

I personally still believe in the sanctity of marriage but if others do not see it the way I do, I still respect them. I am no saint, but I do try to be more compassionate (bordering to not caring) rather than a judgmental, conceited person.

Elsa likes this.
  4. Elsa

Elsa Starlight Baby Employee Staff Member

I would say that story is one in a million. Good for both the mom and baby. Sadly, most rape stories have sad, if not really bad, endings. Most rape victims try to forget about the incident by aborting the baby or getting it adopted. It's not fair for the baby because he/she is also a victim, but we should not also blame the rape victim.

littlewitch66 likes this.
  5. Elsa

Elsa Starlight Baby Employee Staff Member

I totally agree with you that it is the woman who takes the brunt of society's judgment because she carries the evidence of the act. And the men, they go unpunished, and are sometimes branded as 'machos'... another conquest/victim. As what I always say, most men look forward to marrying women of good values and whom parents would approve of, but they themselves "desecrate" the women who could have been worthy.

6. Jason76

Jason76 Active Member

It depends on the victim. In the past, if you were an African American and your victim was white - of any social standing, the public opinion was negative, often fatal.

Religious authorities in many lands, Catholic, Protestant, have always been against fornication, but men are only human (This isn't an excuse, by the way.), so what do you expect?