Have you ever heard a dream that came true?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by remnant, Sep 23, 2017.

1. remnant

remnant Member

I have had numerous dreams in the course of my life some of which have turned out to be true. This is one of the pillars I use to prove the existence of God, the devil and the spiritual realm as opposed to sceptics. President John F. Kennedy dreamt of a coffin in the White House with multitudes screaming outside. He narrated the dream to his wife who conveniently ignored it. Two days later, he was shot.

LaCupcak3 likes this.
  2. HazelDJ

HazelDJ New Member

An example of a dream I heard that came true is found in the Bible. The king of Egypt dreamed that fat cows ate the thin cows. Joseph interpreted that dream. He said to the king that there will be famine. Few months later, there was no rain and eventually, farmers had nothing to harvest. The people in the other places had nothing to eat. Because Joseph had interpreted the dream before the famine came, the Egyptians was able to store food in their barns. So, Egypt was saved from famine.

AmieBotella likes this.
  3. Folk Artist

Folk Artist Active Member

I think they do because the dreams do come from the unconsious mind and your dreams do speak a visual language when you have them-and dreams are very real I think. You may be worried about someting and so then its channeled through your dreams from your unconsious mind-and also it seems that dreams are always based on something that is happening in your life today. Yes, I have had dreams and then they happened but they were not that clear to figure out.

4. tallulah

tallulah Active Member

Yes this happens to me sometimes. I have had dreams that seemed to be so real and I had a dejavu moment when my dream scenario was replayed at some point.

5. AmieBotella

AmieBotella Member

This is one of my favorite stories in the Old Testament. If you just think of how long Joseph had to wait to get redeemed by God and how long his hardship is... man... I don't know if I even have an inch of his faith.

But yeah, this is a perfect example of a dream coming true.

6. littlewitch66

littlewitch66 Active Member

Some people do seem to have a gift where they can dream about something that will happen in the future but I haven't. I rarely even remember my dreams but I think I would be worried if I had a bad dream that could predict a future event. Imagine if we could foresee our own death .. we weren't meant to know things like that.

7. Holmes22

Holmes22 Active Member

I bet that if you traced though all the dreams over the years there has been some form of truth to one of them, in some way or another. IF it were something significant though where all those things lined up, that would be kind of freaky, but interesting at the same time.

8. tyche

tyche Active Member

Yes, I occasionally have prophetic dreams, and they are either literal or symbolic. They inform me of what is to come or what is happening behind the scenes. I get those dreams a lot less now that I used to, though.

9. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

I have come across from a popular movie I have seen that dream is mentioned. It says there that dreams are nothing. They are of no use. Science points out it out as the product of the subconscious mind. It may be a previous activities in a different situations. But others do believe that they come true. Whatever it is, let it stand for personal guidance, for things to prepare or to avoid, or whatever.

10. Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020 Member

I had those dreams since I was a kid, there where lots of times that I would tell my siblings and parents that relatives will visit today and they will bring cakes and ice cream and it would happen, because ive dreamt of it the night before. Even nowadays I would barely remember the dream but when the actual situation arises it would all comeback to me like, one time my uncle came to visit and I suddenly remembered that in my dream he was showing me his new iPhone so when he arrived I just blurted out can I see your new phone andsure enough he showed me his new iPhone. I don't know how that is possible it could be that somehow our minds could see the future when were dreaming or maybe we are just reliving our lives over and over until we've achieved perfection. Whatever is the reason I think we won't find out anytime soon.