How many children are appropriate for a family?

Discussion in 'Babies' started by Heatman, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Rexy

Rexy Member

Ah, then I see your point of view! I agree to be honest.

Heatman likes this.
  2. Mika

Mika Active Member

I think income should not be the main criteria for deciding the number of children in family but how the couple is willing to upraise them. There are people who can finance the whole village but are not interested to look after their children properly. So would you support such families to have more children? I think it's the willingness of upraising the children in proper way should be the main point. People with lesser means at their disposal can manage their family well and at the other hand some rich people do not deserve to have even a single child. I always wanted to have one child and we have one child.

3. Heatman

Heatman Active Member

I'm glad you now grasp what I was trying to pass along, that's very good as we have disagreed and come to agree.

4. Rexy

Rexy Member

Yeah. I wasn't really thinking. However, if it comes to the case that a girl hasn't told anyone she'd been raped, and then got pregnant, I think it should be acceptable for an abortion, don't you think?

5. remnant

remnant Member

The issue me how many children one should have should be determined by the parent's resources and other factors like culture. Personally' I would vouch for a maximum of three , evenly spaced.

Heatman and Mika like this.
  6. Mika

Mika Active Member

Evenly spaced is a wide term. I would have preferred all of them within 4-5 years so the mother takes it all in one go , of course with the help of her husband and then have some time for herself and her career once the children are self sufficient. I gap of say 3-4 years keeps her busy for 12 15 years in the initial stage and then she never finds time for her personal sake.

7. Heatman

Heatman Active Member

Yeah, I completely agree with this because it's going to be very hard for her to take care of both the baby and herself at such young age, and not minding the shame the pregnancy is going to bring to her family.

This is why it's very important to carry out extensive awareness program on what steps to follow once someone got raped, because the it's definitely going to be helpful in preventing unwanted pregnancies which would directly result in abortion.

8. Rexy

Rexy Member

The thing is, three is too many. Two is the ideal number, not only because it's great for the family, but it actually supports the "do not become too many humans" regime, since we are already running out of resources, I mean, considering that 1-2 billion people starve every single day.

9. Heatman

Heatman Active Member

The pointing out of evenly spaced in your comment is very important, I couldn't agree less to this. Having children in an evenly spaced manner would be of a very good help to the parents on the stress and troubles of their upbringing.

Even with the less resources at head, they would be able to manage and cope with one kid and bring him or her to a stage where it would be easy for them to usher in another, while the first one would be able to pitch in little assistance in the family, even if it's just doing the dishes.

But, it's not ideal to stay too long before giving birth to another child, staying too long is certainly not good for the mother.

10. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

You are right. It is very subjective for it depends on the culture which the people are used to. In some countries, only 2 children are allowed per couple to bear or to raise. In our country, only 4 children are allowed to be claimed as an exemption to an income tax. Therefore, a father and a mother should only limit their children to that number so that they could avail of the tax exemption credits. Nevertheless, there are still many families who have more than 4 or even up to 12 children.

Heatman likes this.
  11. Mika

Mika Active Member

I think it's more than culture but desire of a couple of one of the partners. My wife wanted two but I was always in favor of one. However, my wife's desire was not fulfilled even though we had a son but he did not survive long. I have no regrets that I do not have two children but my wife always miss our departed son.

12. Heatman

Heatman Active Member

In truth, I have actually witnessed a family that gave birth to 12 children in my village, and it's in our tradition that once a woman give birth to her 12th child, a cow must be killed on her behalf to celebrate her strength and courage as a woman.

It's actually a bizarre event to me but I have to respect my people's way of life. I did attended the ceremony and dinned with the family.

13. joey_2tep

joey_2tep New Member

In our country, over population has been a problem and the number keeps getting bigger and bigger every year. Our government has already created different programs just to lower the numbers down and for some reason it stayed unresolved. In my perspective, with the type of economy we have with great number of population, two children per family should be the maximum. Government should push some more program like giving free seminars such as family planning.