How Old were you when you decided that it's time to make a baby or to conceive?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Kakashi2020, May 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020 Member

When I was 21 I told myself that I would settle and have a kid by age 35 with a younger woman and like most of my plans it didn't quite materialize as planned. I got engaged and wed my present wife when I was 25 and she was 31 and she got pregnant 2 years after, when I was 27 and she was 33. Our second child came after another 2 years, when o was 29 and she was 35. I really want another child but sadly my wife had some health problems and being pregnant again would be risky so we only have 2 boys.

2. Hova

Hova Active Member

I'm sorry to here about your wife @Kakashi2020 but at least she got to conceive. I'm from the projects so most of the friends I went to school with got kids while still in school and a few of them right after high school. I just turned 25 on May 1st and I'm still not sure if I want to have a kid right now. Deep down I know I'm still really irresponsible so it's not worth having a kid in my life right now.

Kakashi2020 likes this.
  3. Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020 Member

I respect your decision of not yet having a kid, sometimes if not all the time raising a kid is really hard much more if you're not prepared mentally, and financially, I've got two kids with 2 years age gap and since my gave birth to our eldest until the time our youngest was already 2 years old, that's about 4 straight years that I and my wife hardly slept, we were like zombies and robots taking care of the kids 24/7. I was still working then and after a days work I'll give my wife some time off, its my time to take care of the children and when they were babies, I literally slept an hour a day. My point is if one is not mentally ready then don't rush things.

4. Heatman

Heatman Active Member

I think it was around 27 years that I really felt like being a father. I was married before then but wasn't ready to have any baby yet but at my 27th years, it felt like a huge rush all over me and I discussed it with my wife and we both agreed that we are ready for kids then we made it work.

5. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

I had no plans until my wife turned 32. But she had to undergo a fertility work up in order to be pregnant. Unfortunately things didn't turn out right so I decided to just let fate takes its course.

6. tyche

tyche Active Member

The ideal age would be 30 up for a man or woman to be able to have kids, it's around that time they are also mentally capable and mature enough to have a kid.

7. Hova

Hova Active Member

Great advice. People shouldn't rush into kind of matters. I'm going to wait until I'm 30 before I can think about having a kid.

8. doursay

doursay Member

That is about the age when I figured I was as ready as I'll ever be. Somewhere between 27 and 32. It didn't happen until I was 35, but I was blessed by a daughter.

My maturity level was right where it was supposed to be. Mature enough to know that there is no rule book for raising children, so patience is the key virtue.

9. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

My wife got her first baby when she was 21 years old. It's the prolific age for a lady to get pregnant.

Then after 4 years, she delivered our second child. In 3 years later, our 3rd child followed. Then another 3 years, our 4th child came and a year after, the 5th child was born. And our youngest child arrived after 3-year gap.

We got 6 children.

10. Emma kwamboka

Emma kwamboka Member

Awesome! I wish I had a boy. Am a mother to a baby girl and she's now 6years old. Am a single mom. My mom mostly helps with raising her. Her dad isn't a part of the picture.

Sorry for all you and your wife are undergoing. You should be glad you are in this together. Some of us are alone at it. All the best.