Is it appropriate for one to post everything about his or her life on social media?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bani, Aug 31, 2017.

1. IvanJ

IvanJ New Member

Nope! Definitely, no. Social media is a big carnival where you can be entertained and informed. Sharing everything in this carnival poses a great security risk for you and your family. Enjoy social media, but put LIMITATIONS.

2. Liranda

Liranda New Member

No... We should respect our privacy. Otherwise more problems will spoil our life.

3. nangk08

nangk08 Active Member

Everyone has a right keep their lives private as well as rights to NOT WANT TO KNOW about other peoples' private lives!

4. Kate Middleton

Kate Middleton New Member

I think it's immoral and people should not post their personal on social media it is very inappropriate.

5. doursay

doursay Member

You're not wrong, but I would question your reasoning. Does it make it easier to find victims? Probably. Does it also make it easier to find the perpetrators when they use that method? I would say yes. The bad guys know this. This is why you still hear of instances of kids getting kidnapped when a vehicle drives by. Criminals don't want to get caught, so they'll stick with the tried and true methods.

I don't think kids will ever stop their behavior of posting their lives online, so measures should be taken to encrypt sites better.

6. Jason

Jason Member

I think this majorly depends on your motives. If you are a social media marketer, well it may work well for you. If you just want to show off, it may also be appropriate.

But if you mind your privacy, sharing stuff on social media will be your biggest downfall. The worst bit is that, it hurts emotionally.

Overall, I think it's a bad idea to share your personal life on social media. Let your personal life remain personal.

7. Red Derr

Red Derr New Member

I think it's all up to them if they want to post their entire life in public. Telling the world what they are doing in every single day of their life.
    I'm just here and I'm good.

8. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

I am amused with some people who post on social media almost everything that they do, from the food they eat and from the activities that they do. As per the advice of those in the know, there is a risk when you post so many information about you which can be used by scammers. Think of a criminal who would pick up your child in school that can cite the information on the parents to make the pick up appear legit.

Jason likes this.
  9. Jason

Jason Member

I agree with you. Whether you are a public figure seeking more followers or just an individual. Sharing alot online is just a risk. To you and the entire family. You are putting people close to you at risk.

10. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

Practical speaking it is being discouraged for social media is a "public place". Your personal activities in life are only for your own family to know. Your success story may be for others to emulate.

Remember that nobody is interested about your problem, about failures in life, your enemies. The proper way is to share it to your family via messenger for them to know.

11. Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020 Member

I'm very active in Facebook, I've got several movie and anime groups and I know for a fact that a lot of people are posting a lot of their private information on their accounts. And to think that most of them are just teens. There's a lot of unseen dangers in social media and schools and parents should be always on alert. More so with the current pandemic a lot of teens and kids are online.

12. mildredtabitha

mildredtabitha Member

I agree that it isn't safe placing all your details on how you live your life on social media.I think some people are driven with popularity and fame that I'd why they love posting there day to day activities.I can advice such people to stop doing that and only place what the audience do like maybe if it is there shows,songs or blogs .