Is it Safe to Use a Baby Carrier

Discussion in 'Babies' started by John Williams, Jan 17, 2018.

1. John Williams

John Williams New Member

There’s no question about it: a baby carrier is one of the most comfortable and secure ways of carrying your child around! With a baby carrier, your baby will always be close to you, without you having to stress your arms all day long to holding them when you have a million chores to attend to. You can carry on working – inside the house, or outside – while your baby sleeps serenely beside you.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  2. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Active Member

Even if the baby carrier is expensive, parents should be aware of the comfort that the baby carrier gives to the baby. Unlike carrying the baby by hand, the baby carrier is like a bed that gives the utmost comfort especially when you are traveling whether in a vehicle or simply walking. And it is safe too because there is very little probability for the baby to be harmed.

Elsa likes this.
  3. Mika

Mika Active Member

I think most of the reputed baby carrier manufacturers take utmost care and see that everything is in place. I agree that if parents should be extra cautious while choosing the right stroller or pram for their child. A few dollars make all the difference in between a good and bad carrier. I remember the time when I bought one stroller and found giving ejrks while moving it on the road. I immediately had it replaced with a better quality one.

Elsa likes this.
  4. gibbs

gibbs New Member

Using a baby carrier is great for your baby. Newborns love being close to you, and a carrier keeps them warm and cosy. I would recommend the baby carriers with stretchy wraps, they offer a comfortable way to carry your newborn and keep them exactly where they want to be I.e snuggled up next to you.

Elsa likes this.
  5. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

The question would be is it better to have a 'front' baby carrier or the one at the back. I would prefer the one that is in front as the mother can keep an eye on the baby although not much work is possible with that bundle of joy coming in the way. What would your choice be?

Elsa likes this.
  6. Heatman

Heatman Active Member

As a parent, you absolutely cannot carry your baby with hands all day long without having to moment of rest, so I believe it's the main reason why baby carriers was built in the first place. Just ensure that you get one that would be comfortable and suited for your baby and have use of it carefully to aid you with your parenting work.

Elsa likes this.
  7. JiLLian

JiLLian New Member

I think a baby carrier is safe. I actually bought one for my baby but we were not able to use it because she doesn't want to be in it. Such a waste of money.

Elsa likes this.
  8. Elsa

Elsa Starlight Baby Employee Staff Member

Yes, a baby carrier would make things comfortable for both parents and baby. And since it will be carrying their precious bundle, parents should ensure they buy the safest product :)

9. Elsa

True, Mika, a few dollars could make a big difference as regards to quality. And since it will be carrying our most prized possession, we should ensure it's truly safe for our baby.

It was a good decision on your part to immediately replace the baby carrier when it seemed to have a problem. We can't afford any issues with it.

Mika likes this.
  10. Elsa

I would rather have it in front as well, where I can have a good view of my baby and see how he/she is doing.

11. Elsa

Yes, it's not possible to carry the baby in one's arms all day. That would be tiring, so a baby carrier would come in really handy.

Heatman likes this.
  12. Elsa

Sorry to hear that, JiLLian. Yes, it's not for every baby. You could probably try using it on your next baby or give it as a gift to your mom friend who may have a need for it.

13. Heatman

Heatman Active Member

And it gets pretty uncomfortable for the parents when their baby is quite heavy. I enjoy carrying my niece in my arms but she gain huge weight so fast that picking her up with just one hand is very difficult to do.

Elsa likes this.
  14. Mika

Mika Active Member

Actually,I was kind of enjoying taking my daughter out as she loved flowers in the park (she even tried to pluck if a flower plant was with in her reach. I was enjoying taking her out as that was a perfect way of taking a walk which I would take anyways since I am a regular morning walker for years. The only thing I missed was my jogging and running for sometime because that was not possible while walking my daughter.

Elsa likes this.