Less sleep in day time

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by naruto100, Dec 28, 2017.

1. naruto100

naruto100 Active Member

Okay, recently my daughter has completed her first year. She is doing really fine with developing in each thing.

We have noticed that now she is sleeping less in day time. In past she was sleeping three times in a day , but now she is only sleeping one time around 12pm in a day and then directly at night. I am not sure it is normal or not. It should be as she is fine with health. What you say, is it normal?

2. littlewitch66

littlewitch66 Active Member

I think it is although you may find that sometimes she will go back to that extra sleep. As they grow older they need less sleep but I always found that when they give up their day time sleep altogether it's hard to get them to bedtime because they want to fall asleep too early. I remember mine falling asleep when they were eating at the dinner table and trying to keep them awake so they would go through the night.

naruto100 likes this.
  3. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

If you mean your toddler is sleeping straight at night then that is very good for you that she had adjusted to your sleeping hours. The problem is when she sleeps much in the daytime and doesn't sleep soundly at night. We had experienced that when my daughter was 2 years old. She would wake up before midnight and sleep by dawn. In the 4 or 5 hours that she was awake, she wanted to play with us. You can imagine our hardship of lacking sleep every day.

naruto100 likes this.
  4. naruto100

naruto100 Active Member

She is sleeping in day time, but only once now. Around 1 to 2 hours. In past she was sleeping 3 times in a day and yes at night she used to wake up many times. But now things has been changed. She is sleeping for whole night. So yes I guess it is good. In day time she has decreased the sleeping time. But I guess that's why she is sleeping good for whole night.

nangk08 likes this.
  5. nangk08

nangk08 Active Member

That is perfectly natural. As they grow older their need to sleep during the day time lessens and they spend more time awake. But still, try to get her to take a light nap for at least an hour each day so that when she starts school, she won't become tired much. With their increasing activities, they still need to rest for some time.

naruto100 likes this.
  6. Holmes22

Holmes22 Active Member

I am not really sure there is a set schedule that should be followed or anything like that, but rather just ensuring that it is healthy and that enough sleep is had. Usually kids stop wanting to nap during the day and that makes sense to me.

7. kaka135

kaka135 Active Member

I think this is very normal for toddlers, from sleeping multiple times to one. Moreover, I think toddlers will start to sleep better and longer at night as compared when they were still babies too. I think it's also good for the kids to have the nap earlier, as yours at 12pm, so they can sleep earlier at night. I actually feel more comfortable when my youngest takes only one nap, so I have more time to spend with my elder kids. :D

naruto100 likes this.
  8. naruto100

naruto100 Active Member

Thanks I will follow the advice. She is sleeping more than one hour in a day. But it is good that she is sleeping well in the night.

True. She is sleeping well in the night compare to past. So its good. Even good for us as we can sleep well in the night too, otherwise either me or my wife had to wake up for her.

nangk08 likes this.
  9. nangk08

nangk08 Active Member

As long as she is sleeping well at night without getting disturbed, that means she is getting all the sleep she needs naturally. Usually kids wake up naturally when they feel fresh and go to sleep naturally when they need it. It is only in rare cases that kids have any problems!

naruto100 likes this.
  10. naruto100

naruto100 Active Member

Yes. She is doing fine with her sleep. That's why we are relaxed too. Important thing is that now we don't need to wake up in the night as she deeply sleep at night unlike before. So no more dark circles. Ha ha. Yes if she is getting her full sleep then nothing to worried about. As she decrease the sleep in day time, I was thinking about it. But I guess it is going fine. Thanks.