Missing my daughter, weird feeling

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by naruto100, Feb 2, 2018.

1. naruto100

naruto100 Active Member

Hello guys,

My daughter and my wife are at her mother's place right now for a week. Well, I am already missing both of them. Specially my one year daughter. She is really naughty and I am missing all those fun.

I said it weird, because whenever I used to work on laptop my daughter always come to me and she just try to press all the buttons and grab the wires. So I always used to tell someone to take her away during my work. But now as she is not with me right now, I already missing her presence and her all actions.

Mika likes this.
  2. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Active Member

This reminds me of my daughter when she was that age. She was very playful that she likes to play with my things like my shoes or clothes. Those were the happy days when our children were young that we would miss. Lucky are the parents now that we have the technology to at least preserve those moments in pictures and videos that's why my advice to young parents is to always use your camera on your children because those shots will be a treasure someday.

naruto100 likes this.
  3. naruto100

naruto100 Active Member

Totally agree with you. These are the moments which we will miss surely. I can understand this thing as even for a week I was missing my kid really hardly and watching her videos on my mobile. So yes better to capture all of them now, so that later on when she will grows up we can enjoy these moment back then.

4. Mika

Mika Active Member

@naruto100 I absolutely understand your feelings in this matter. As you know I am also a parent of a daughter and I still miss her although she is no more a kid but a grownup one. You reminded me of her activities when she was a child and we did so many playful activities with each other. Although, I don't remember she went away for longer periods from me since my wife and I am from the same city. But I missed my daughter a lot when she went away for her higher studies in other states and countries etc.

naruto100 likes this.
  5. naruto100

naruto100 Active Member

Yes one can never forget their lovable kids even after they grown up. And yes this time is kind of golden time and surely I am going to miss all these things in future too.

Right now she is back already and all things have become normal again. She is already here and started her all naughty things again. lol

Mika likes this.
  6. littlewitch66

littlewitch66 Active Member

I think we all feel like that when our children are missing. When my granddaughter went on a trip with the Brownies to Disneyland Paris I cried every day until she came back and yet there were times when I just wished I could have a break from her. It shows that we love them unconditionally despite their annoying little habits.

naruto100 and Mika like this.
  7. Holmes22

Holmes22 Active Member

It is like that phantom limb that you know is there but not really there. I definitely remember those types of feelings and they are troubling and worrisome and amazing all at the same time.

8. Mika

Mika Active Member

I didn't want to accept it but even I wept innumerous times when my daughter was away for her higher studies and then she joined a MNC and off to Ireland. Later she came back to India and then went off away to settle in a distant place. I know everyone feels the same about their children but when you have just one child the feeling becomes more upsetting.

littlewitch66 likes this.
  9. naruto100

naruto100 Active Member

HA ha... sure thing. Even they feel like annoying sometimes and we feel like someone take them away but when they get away we realize that we can't stay away more from them. And surely in that time it is hard to spend time without them. For me, it was first time I stay away from her for that time and I missed her lot. I am glad she is with me now.

littlewitch66 likes this.
  10. janemarie

janemarie Member

So you realise by her absence that she really doesn't get on your nerves at all. Sometimes going without something for a while makes us realise what it is that we really do appreciate in our lives.

naruto100 and littlewitch66 like this.
  11. to7update

to7update Active Member

Yeah, I know the feeling. Sometimes I just want some me time away from my wife and kids haha, but they go away for the weekend I really miss them, so I suppose it's just how it goes, we cannot live without those precious little things in our lives. :)

12. tyche

tyche Active Member

I think it's just natural that we get to miss the ones that are dear to us, no matter how annoying they can be in the past. Although I think I'm immune to that, because when I was able to move out of my dad's house, I never missed any of my family members, lol.

13. naruto100

naruto100 Active Member

True, but I guess this is how human's nature. Even now when she is messing with my laptop during my work, I still feel like someone take her away during that. But when she is far away from me, I just miss her too much. So its not like I am not appreciating her when she is being naughty. But yes I love her lot.

14. janemarie

janemarie Member