Still planning to have a baby

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by millyn, Dec 15, 2018.

1. millyn

millyn New Member

i had a lot of doubts about having a baby. well, physically i know i am overly ready to conceive one, but emotionally and financially i am still in doubt. i don't want to just merely have one and not being able to give the best for him/her because i am financially constraint. i am still not regular in my job, and my husband is still on the process of having one.

any advice please?

2. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

The financial aspect of life is one of the major factors regarding pregnancy. But I like that reasoning not to get pregnant if you are not sure that you can give the baby a good life. That's my point whenever I would see a family with more than 5 children who were unkempt in appearance that obviously they were neglected with the basic needs like food and clothing.

3. James McAllister

James McAllister Kinacle Employee Staff Member

This is something I've thought about a lot too as well, along with my partner.

People say that there will never be a perfect time, and honestly I'm sure that's quite true. At the same time, despite the hardships you may be facing now, it seems like parents always manage to get by.

To a degree, financial issues can be helped by spending smartly, and time issues can be helped by ensuring that quality time is actually impactful.

A few hours a day spent with your children actually being engaged with them, is better than sitting in the same room with them all day but with each of you being in your own separate worlds.

Things always seem to work themselves out. :emoji_slight_smile: The simple fact that you're even thinking about this shows you're likely to be a fantastic parent.

4. tyche

tyche Active Member

My advice would be to hold that thought and only think of a baby when you're emotionally and financially ready to have one.