That irritable feeling when pregnant

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Alexandoy, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Active Member

In our culture, the pregnant woman has the penchant to be whimsy and capricious that the husband suffers in silence. In asking for food, she would request fruits that are not in season or a certain dish that is available only from a faraway place. Things like that, the pregnant woman would reason out, is their way of relieving the irritation that is inside them. Are pregnant women really irritable or are they just inventing the weird feeling?

2. littlewitch66

littlewitch66 Active Member

I didn't do things like that. I think these things are just put up online for entertainment. I would just make do with anything we had in the house but I would never have made anyone go out late at night to get me something. Do husbands really do things like that? Mine didn't!

Risa and nangk08 like this.
  3. Desiderio03

Desiderio03 New Member

When my wife was pregnant she was irritable and uncomfortable in every ways. We have to do her chores and nurse her.
    Everytime she vomit i felt worried and i can't do anything about her pregnancy. All i can do for her is to assisted her while she was pregnant.

4. nangk08

nangk08 Active Member

I can relate with you well, I too was like that. Although I did crave for things at unusual times and was easily upset over things, I never made any unreasonable request to my husband ever. However, in many cultures, it is believed that a pregnant woman will behave in a particular manner or crave for unusual things only because the baby needs it. So her cravings and demands have to fulfilled at any cost. But as women are more educated now, such things are no longer valid.

Risa and littlewitch66 like this.
  5. Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020 Member

Yes, I do agree with what you are saying l, when my wife was pregnant with our first child she demanded certain unususl things like she wants to eat a particular fish at 2am, which made me go out and find it at that ungodly hour. I still can remember when we were expecting out first child that she requested a fruit salad at 2am, I had to find a 24/7 grocery and buy the ingredients to make one. When I presented the fruit salad to her she said that it was good anf now she wants a chicken macaroni salad so it was about 3AM and I went out again to buy the ingredients and the dish was ready soon enough. Well for me I do understand that women suffer great risks in pregnancy and childbirth so it's okay with me to give in whatever my wife wants.