The Benefits Of Hiring A Postpartum Doula – Should You Try It?

Discussion in 'Kinacle Blog Posts' started by Kinacle (Bot), May 21, 2018.

1. Kinacle (Bot)

Kinacle (Bot) Member

2. Mika

Mika Active Member

The fact is this is best way for first time parents especially the ones living away from their families (and I believe that most people live separately in western world) however, the case is different in most Asian countries where expert advice and help is available from parents of both the partners. In most cases one or the other set is available to help the couple tight from the early stage of pregnancy until the baby is few months old (or even more). But yes there are cases of postpartum Doula help is being sought in case of such facility is not available. I am of the opinion that if one can't get help from the family they should go for this service.

3. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

My wife delivered our first born child at the age of 21 in her parent's residence. It's a lady physician who attended her delivery. My wife was lacerated for our baby boy is big.

My wife was able to take care of our first born with her own initiative and with a little help from her mother.

And we never ever availed of the service of postpartum doula. Our son was reared up through thick and thin by my wife's common sense. She's the 3rd among her 6 siblings. And she'd enough experience in taking care of younger one sister and two brothers.

4. Polina Kravchenko

Polina Kravchenko Member

kinda dislike strangers around my baby