The good old days and home delivery

Discussion in 'Babies' started by iamawriter, Jan 1, 2018.

1. littlewitch66

littlewitch66 Active Member

I found this article interesting especially this bit:

" If you look at the black-box warning on a packet of birth control pills, you’ll notice that at most ages the risk of death from taking the pills is less than if you don’t take them—that’s because they’re so good at preventing pregnancy, and pregnancy kills."

I didn't know this and even if I had I would still have had children which shows how strong the urge to keep the population going is in us all. Most people want children and I know if I hadn't I would have been longing for them for the rest of my life.

Elsa likes this.
  2. naruto100

naruto100 Active Member

Agree with you. Plan B should have been ready and already prepared since starting.Emergency situation can arise anytime without any notice, so it is better to be prepare for all the things. This kind of situation can be worse, so one should be careful on every thing.

Elsa likes this.
  3. kaka135

kaka135 Active Member

Yes, it's hard to describe how the feeling is when I heard the husband and wife sharing the experience, it's so loving! Moreover, their eldest son who was only 2 years old was there. It's such a special experience for them. Frankly speaking, if I wasn't having the difficulty during my first childbirth, I might have gone for it.

4. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

Would your cousin be having a midwife to assist or will she be doing it with the help of her husband.. @kaka135 has an interesting story to tell. It actually bonds the couple as love is what makes them to attempt it.

5. kaka135

kaka135 Active Member

My friends who went for home delivery did attend course and they also have the contact number of the midwife, so whenever they had any questions or doubt, they called the midwife. If needed, the midwife can visit them to help them out too. Moreover, they also talked to a doctor and told them their plan, in case there would be any emergency case, they could still call the doctor and the doctor can help them out.

I think if your cousin has found a lot of information online and has confidence to go for it, then it should be fine. But I also think it's good to have contact of a midwife and doctor, so in case there is any emergency, she can still get help. Also, it's good to check out the local law, as some countries might not allow childbirth without a doctor's signature.

6. Heatman

Heatman Active Member

I have only witnessed midwives in home delivery at my rural village. Lots of women don't even go to hospital to deliver, they prefer to have the midwife living in their neighborhood to come deliver the baby for them, and in truth the midwife is a professional at doing this. I'm glad to hear about your sister's home delivery.

iamawriter likes this.
  7. Elsa

Elsa Starlight Baby Employee Staff Member

That's true. Every possible situation must be considered. As I often say, better be paranoid than feel safe and be sorry later.

8. Elsa

I actually found the quote really funny :D... at first I was like, what was that again? So I read it again, haha.

I'm sure I would feel the same longing if I also did not have kids. They'e the reason I go on and strive in life :)

littlewitch66 likes this.
  9. Elsa

I do think delivery by a midwife is fine because she is trained for it. Midwives are the go-to person in rural villages that have no easy access to doctors or to a hospital. I would just like to add that women should also have their regular check-ups with the midwife to ensure the baby and mom are okay.

Heatman likes this.
  10. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

Not only will the mother feel safe in a home it is much cheaper to have a home delivery. The midwife however should be experience and also gentle with the 'patient' as some have no patience and that can be disturbing.

11. Heatman

Heatman Active Member

Yeah, these pregnant women in the rural areas don't have access to hospital or doctors, their only option is midwives. There have been a huge plots of land mapped out for hospital construction in my village but it's over 10 years and nothing yet has been done on that land. So the women are dealing with midwives and should one get seriously ill, they normally go to the neighboring village for hospital treatment.

Elsa likes this.
  12. Elsa

It's so sad to hear about the state of health care in your area. I hope things improve soon :)

Heatman likes this.
  13. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

Nothing to worry really. In the good old days including my mother and my oldest sister went in for that. My mother produced 9 healthy children and my sister 5. What is important is a knowledgeable midwife and hygiene.

14. Heatman

Heatman Active Member

@Elsa That has been our prayers for a long time now, although there has been a change in the government lately, so we are hopeful that with the new administration running things, we might get lucky and have at least a clinic built for us.

@iamawriter You are quite correct about the knowledge of these midwives, they are so versed in the skill of child delivery because if not, there would have been a lot of cases reported against them in my town.

Elsa likes this.
  15. Kat

Kat New Member

Oh, I absolutely agree. Contacting a midwife would be best, I'm sure she'll go through all of it and check for anything she needs if she's really going for it. iamawriter has a great point, I can definitely see mothers being more comfortable at home.

16. Heatman

Heatman Active Member

As long as these midwives have a good track record of successful deliveries, definitely mothers are going to be more comfortable having them deliver their babies with their assistance. And coupled with someone's home being their comfort zone, it's certainly going to help them relax more.

Elsa likes this.
  17. kaka135

kaka135 Active Member

Yes, I am not sure in other countries, but nowadays the hospitals here use many not so natural ways to help a mom to deliver the baby, including using pain killers, epidural, vacuum, etc, where moms should be able to deliver baby naturally unless complications. That's why some people choose to home birth.

18. Heatman

Heatman Active Member

The truth is that no one ever knows the nature of child birth she is going to experience at the point delivery, that's why it's advised to plan for anything including cesarean as well because anything can happen. It's the fortunate mothers that deliver like the Hebrew woman just as the scriptures said.