Toddler Car Sickness: Everything You Need To Know

Discussion in 'Kinacle Blog Posts' started by Kinacle (Bot), Apr 16, 2018.

1. Kinacle (Bot)

Kinacle (Bot) Member

2. Mika

Mika Active Member

Great Tips- Actually it's been my problem traveling with my wife and daughter. I never felt any such problem but my wife almost always vomited while traveling by car, train or bus. Fortunately she never felt nausea or vomited while traveling by air. My daughter also suffered from travel sickness during her early years but later when she started going to school by bus, she got rid of her problem. I will try the acupressure bracelet the next time my wife travels.

Elsa likes this.
  3. Elsa

Elsa Starlight Baby Employee Staff Member

We really hope these tips will help your wife. Vomitting is a huge discomfort. We hope she will be able to get rid of it eventually.

My youngest daughter (eight years old) still vomits when travelling by car so I always have to bring a vomit bag and extra clothing for her and for myself just in case she accidentally spews all over, ughh. I usually let her take an anti-vomit pill and let her get some sleep. It helps a lot. I just really pity her when she vomits. Poor little thing.

Mika likes this.
  4. Mika

Mika Active Member

In my wife's case no medicine works. There are very few occasions when we traveled and she did not suffer from nausea or not vomited finally and spent all the traveling time sleeping and feeling very uncomfortable. You know the worst part is that we used to travel a lot and it almost always happened barring the air travel but then you can't travel by air to all the places. The result was that she never felt like eating anything while suffering from nausea and since I was taking care of her all the time I didn't feel like eating myself.

5. littlewitch66

littlewitch66 Active Member

My whole family right from myself to my granddaughter has suffered from travel sickness. It started with my myself and my sister, then my son and now my granddaughter. Mum used to make us suck barley sugar sweets on car journeys which did seem to help but I still hate the smell of petrol today because it reminds me of how ill I felt.

I have found some excellent pills for my granddaughter as she has suffered from it since the age of 2 years and even at 11 she still gets it although I think it is getting slightly better. The pills are called Stugeron15 and are often prescribed for nausea with inner ear problems. I get them over the counter now and they really work.

6. Elsa

Oh, sorry to hear that. Nausea is a real spoiler.

7. Elsa

Thank you for sharing, littlewitch66. I would try that as well for my 8-year-old.

littlewitch66 likes this.
  8. littlewitch66

They are definitely worth it. I tried everything for my granddaughter and these are the only pills that ever worked. It's miserable for both them and you when they are so ill on a journey.

Elsa likes this.
  9. Elsa

Oh yes, so true. A child who is ill during long trips would be miserable, uncomfortable and unhappy. Poor little thing. The family trip ends up being a disaster instead of it being fun.

littlewitch66 likes this.
  10. Mika

Mika Active Member

I searched alternative medicines and ways to get rid of travel sickness and even asked many of my friends and relatives since we are about to take our journey back to Sydney which will involve a 100 km travel to IG Airport New Delhi. And if my wife suffered from nausea or vomited then the entire further journey will be a very bad experience. What we are suggested is a wristband that helps all kind of nausea and even morning sickness. The wristband/bracelet is available at Amazon (and other online sites). I have ordered for one and see if it helps- (not a ref-link) - there are number of similar items available in different designs and varieties.
    https://www.amazon.in/Generic-Sickn...08&sr=8-2&keywords=morning+sickness+bracelets

Elsa likes this.
  11. littlewitch66

I'm not trying to pour cold water on this idea but these bands didn't work for my granddaughter at all. She was still sick and she said they were too tight. She does get it very badly though, even after a few miles, so don't let me put you off trying them.

12. Mika

Mika Active Member

I am not much hopeful myself but there is no harm trying it. You know sometimes something helps you psychologically too. Maybe my wife would think that she has some thing that would help her get rid of nausea. You know certain mental states work wonders for some people so I would certainly try this.

Elsa and littlewitch66 like this.
  13. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

When I was a kid I always experienced discomfort while traveling by car with my late mother. I vomited in a bus.

My mother was apt to massage my pressure point on my head and I felt a bit relieved from nausea.

Next I traveled I brought along with me a piece of ginger. When I began to feel dizzy I put it in my mouth and bit it and swallowed its juice. It did work until I was adjusted or overcame my motion sickness.

14. Polina Kravchenko

Polina Kravchenko Member

our toddler really likes siting in a car oddly

15. tyche

tyche Active Member

I guess those bands are useless then. I remember there is a tablet being sold called Bonamine, that should be the cure for motion sickness.