Travelling with baby

Discussion in 'Babies' started by naruto100, Jul 6, 2017.

1. naruto100

naruto100 Active Member

In starting when my girl was 3 to 4 months, she not used to like travelling. She was always crying during that. We have no other options to taking her with us when we both were going somewhere. Even for small travelling around 30KM she was feeling quite uncomfortable.

Now she is 7 months old. And she totally change in this thing. Now she like it very much. In fact she always want to come with me. Lol. She just keep peeping out from the car window and checkout all the things. I am glad she is now okay with car travelling.

Why so sudden change?

2. amitkokiladitya

amitkokiladitya Active Member

Kids are meant to change their behavior every now and then. Their likes and dislikes can change overnight. They are such an unpredictable species that it is hard to figure out their behavior in advance.

Thankfully, my 3 year old son always loved to travel. He was cranky inside the house but as soon as we used to step out he enjoyed everything to the fullest. It was no doubt a blessing in disguise for us. Both me and my husband prefer outings and so does our son.

naruto100 likes this.
  3. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

That sudden change in behavior of your baby is an indication of maturity. Babies grow and their change in behavior is part of their growning phase. But for those wanting to bring along their babies in traveling, subject your baby to a familiarization with travel. Maybe you can bring the baby for a walk in the nearby park or just even in the neighborhood. Little by little, the destination is to get farther and farther until such time that the baby would be comfortable in traveling long distance.

naruto100 likes this.
  4. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Member

Traveling with babies is always something that requires more than a normal care. You have to think a lot before facing this "adventure" and unfortunately this is not what many people do and they end up having many not good surprises and some frustrations along the way.

Every time a trip like that happens, you have to keep in mind that you will never be alone. :D

naruto100 likes this.
  5. naruto100

naruto100 Active Member

Yes that's what we have done. We have started with small travelling and then now we are going for long one. Before than this we were avoiding long trip with her as she wasn't comfortable in car for long. But now there is sudden change and she enjoys riding the car and see different things on the road. I am happy that she now liked the travelling as going without her or to avoid the trip is sometime hard.

Alexandoy likes this.
  6. Mika

Mika Active Member

It only indicates that yours is a normal baby and she likes her surrounding. You are lucky that your baby is interested in watching things while you go out otherwise most children fall asleep as soon the car begins moving. I remember my daughter always felt sleepy in a moving car so we had to take extra care of her as we do not have the habit of having a baby seat in our country.

7. luri

luri Member

I live in a small town where advance medical facilities are not available. In order to deliever the baby, I traveled to a city. After the baby was delievered, In had to travel back to my town. There were lots of suggestions, some said traveling by air will not be good for the baby, some said you should never travel by bus or car. However, when I talked to my doctor, traveling is safe, all you have to remember is feeding the baby at the right time.

8. Mika

Mika Active Member

@luri I don't think traveling is any problem with an infant unless they are suffering from a serious problem. In my present location they do not allow a baby out of hospital unless the parents have a baby seat in their car. The doctors here allow an infant as long as you have proper baby-seat in place which guarantees safety to babies during travel. Even airlines provide special arrangements for babies' travel.

9. naruto100

naruto100 Active Member

Even we don't have any special seat for baby in the car, and I don't think people here are used to of it.

Yes even I have noticed that many baby used to sleep in the car. Sometimes even my baby used to sleep. But mostly she just enjoy seeing outside. She is still too small to understand the things around but she like to notice them for sure.

10. harijobs

harijobs Member

I think that is the age while kids start to interpret things and will be new to them so enjoying the experience along the way. My brother when he was a kid started to feel comfortable going out only after the age of 2. Until then he will be constantly crying for no reason at all. Sometimes it will be too annoying but we can't do anything.