Using In Vitro Fertilisation

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by majid, Dec 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. majid

majid New Member

This a brilliant method for those may suffer from many forms of non-absolute or relative infertlity.
    However, there is a well-known dilemma among social psychologist, scientists expert on ethics and morality and human resource planners and investigators. Many think this newly invented method can correct human race.

Some believe IVF leads to racism but others think this is a great chance to reduce illnesses and create a better community in future and is not against morality aspects.

What are your opinions?

2. James McAllister

James McAllister Kinacle Employee Staff Member

IVF is a great option for people who would otherwise not be able to do so for medical or personal reasons to become parents.

I am incredibly thankful for the fact that it exists as it allows these people to achieve their dreams of becoming mothers or fathers and look forward to watching the field develop further as reproductive techonlogy advances.

3. Miches

Miches Active Member

I look at in vitro fertilization simply as a way to assist couples or individuals who are struggling to have a baby the natural way. It is possible that it could be abused or misused by people who have the financial means to undergo IVF at whim, but I don't think that it can be used to improve the human race as a whole as those who are reproducing naturally will easily surpass the number of people who undergo assisted reproductive techniques.

4. Binu

Binu Member

Every thing should not be assessed through the eyes of ethics and morality. If you consider in vitro fertilization morally incorrect, how would you deal with the pain of the couple who cannot conceive a child. Infertility is a great pain. People opt for invitro not by choiic but by compulsion. If people could conceive naturally, they would never go for artificial methods.

5. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Active Member

As I had posted in another thread, we were a failure in conceiving a baby and we are now past our prime. An aunt of mine recommended that IVF or the so called test tube baby that is popular in Singapore. That was in the early years of 2000 when my wife was still possible to conceive. However, after checking on the details, we came to terms that we couldn’t afford that $10,000 cost of the procedure and that excludes the plane fare and accommodation we had to have in a Singapore trip.

6. Vinaya

Vinaya Member

In-Vitro Fertilization is very costly. However, for those couple who cannot conceive naturally but still want to have a child of their own, In-vitro fertilization is a boon. The IVF technology helps people to have their own child even if the mother cannot carry the baby in her womb. In that case they can use a surrogate mother.

7. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin Cottontail Active Member

It's a good thing that there's IVF now so people who can't conceive but still want to be parents can be one. However, the price isn't a joke as well. There's actually a famous doctor in our country who had undergo through IVF, she is actually 60 years old if I'm not mistaken and her partner is less than 40 and they did IVF in the US and used a surrogate mother. Now they have their cute little baby girl which looks exactly like the father. And the price I think is worth $200,000, I'm not sure though but for those people, I'm sure it's worth it :)

8. Decentlady

Decentlady Active Member

When IVF was first introduced it was super costly and very ethically debated. However, the present scenario is much better social acceptance and the cost is also not extreme.

A lot of people are now actually volunteering the information that they had their kids through the help of IVF.

It's a real blessing for those who yearn to have a child.

9. tony

tony Active Member

That's quite a very huge sum of money. The disappointing part of the process at times as I learnt is that it could still fail. IVF is a very expensive and delicate process that the best hands in the specialty should perform.

10. James McAllister

James McAllister Kinacle Employee Staff Member

IVF in itself is much cheaper (Less than $20,000 in the U.S. and much cheaper elsewhere) but the fees add up quickly, especially if you go through an agency or have to pay a surrogate to carry. There's like 30 things that go into the process.

Undoubtedly the price (regardless of whether it's $10,000 or $150,000) is well worth it for those who have their heart set on it. I know I'd pay it in a heartbeat if I had to and find the way to afford it if I couldn't.

Thankfully, a lot of agencies have financing options available as well so you can pay the fees over time instead of having to have it all up front.

11. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin Cottontail Active Member

Yes that's right. And the thing is that, you still have to pay for it even if it fails and that can be really devastating. That's why I think most people who does this are rich people who have a lot of money to spend, so if ever the first try fails, they can do it over and over until the succeed. But as I have mentioned, their joy would be definitely incomparable once the procedure succeed :)

12. Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020 Member

Well I don't really think that IVF can lead to Racism more so correct the human race. I mean it's just like artificial insemination or surrogate motherhood but more expensive.

I do really think that IVF is the best solution for some people who wants to have a child and that there's no moral issues on this procedure. If one can afford it then why not? Right?