Water

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by remnant, Oct 30, 2017.

1. remnant

remnant Member

Drinking enough water during pregnancy is quite necessary. Apart from its sold in transporting substances like done and body waste to and from tissues respectively, water is a major constituent of the amniotic fluid as well as clearing the mother and the babies' kidneys of impurities. It also prevents morning sickness and cramping which can result in preterm labour, thats how important it is.

2. Folk Artist

Folk Artist Member

Yes, I have read that you need to drink more water during your pregnancy(12 to 13 glasses everyday)-and the normal is 11 glasses, also drink your water evenly during the day. Drinking water can help you with constipation and hemorrhoids and by drinking water, it helps with the diluting of your urine and keeps the bacteria out of your bladder as well. Drinking water also keeps the waste moving through your system faster and helps the digestive track out.

Elsa likes this.
  3. kamai

kamai Active Member

Drinking water was a must for me during my pregnancy as I was always thirsty and would help with my nausia. While I was working I would step out frequently to take a sip. I still think I didn't drink enough water since I only took one bottle to work but at least I would buy the largest one that fit in my purse.

4. tyche

tyche Active Member

I agree with what has been said, but I don't think water can help with hemorrhoids because my mom had them and they're permanently sticking out when you poo or squat. I remember we used to put a cream on there too I think that was to put relief on the bleeding.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  5. Elsa

Elsa Starlight Baby Employee Staff Member

I agree with the importance of water to prevent constipation and UTI in pregnant women. It's also beneficial for the baby fluids. Women should never under estimate the benefits of water.

6. Elsa

Elsa Starlight Baby Employee Staff Member

I would say water helps prevent hemorrhoid inflammation because if a pregnant woman drinks plenty of it, the stool becomes soft and easier to pass thus less irritation to the hemorrhoids. And yes, there are OB-prescribed creams that can offer relief, too :)

7. tyche

tyche Active Member

Yes Elsa, I guess you're right, since water is indeed considered a laxative. But those hemorrhoids will always remain protruding though, even if you aren't constipated, lol!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    Elsa likes this.