Whаt аrе 5 things аbоut bеing а mоthеr thаt nоbоdy tеlls yоu?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by MariaJ, Dec 12, 2016.

1. MariaJ

MariaJ Member

What are 5 things about being a mother that nobody tells you?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2017
    kamai likes this.
  2. Binu

Binu Member

One of the things that no one told me about being a mother is loss of interest in beautifying your body. Every one old me morning sickness was common. nausea was common, loss of appetite was common, back pain was common,however, no one told me that I will stop doing my eyes brows, doing nails even applying cosmetics.

Corena and kamai like this.
  3. kamai

kamai Active Member

This is true, although I really never did my makeup unless it was for work being a mother made me want to exclude makeup from my life completely. There are rare times I get to go to the restroom with no worries or even shower and relax for some minutes, most everything I do for myself has to be rushed. I don't even want to get my hair done and opt to wear a bun all the time to keep my hair out of my face and my childs way, if I do make my hair it doesn't last more than half an hour. There is less me time now but I will give all this up a million times for me to have my baby.

4. TheKnight

TheKnight Active Member

That happened with so many of my friends. They focus so much on the baby, they just stop caring about all that other nonsense. It's not really nonsense but there are things more important, right? But I'm not the one that says it's nonsense. My friends actually said that about their past routine. They think that all the things they did were with all the make-up and appearance was useless.

5. Mika

Mika Active Member

Maybe no one told you that you will not get enough time for yourself but did anyone tell you that no one will impose it on you but you will be so busy with your little angel that you yourself would love the situation more than ever before. I think no one stops a mom from clipping her nails or painting them but her "priority change" comes from within herself.

6. Corena

Corena New Member

One thing that stands out to me more than anything, people did tell me I would never have time for myself again. They told me I'd never get "me time" or be aloud to go to the bathroom alone or do much of anything alone for that matter. I thought I would go crazy over that and that I would hate it. And they were so right, for years I didn't get alone time or "me time" but I didn't even mind or notice half of the time because my kids became life and I got use to everything I did including them.

What they failed to mention in all of it was that there would come a day when I would start getting some alone time again. That my babies would get older and they wouldn't want to spend every second of the day with their momma anymore. They failed to mention, how heartbreaking that it was going to be and how much I would hate having my alone time or "me time" back! Grant it, my boys are still young enough that momma is still very important, just not cool like their friends. However, the thing that gets to me the most about it is the fact that they are only 8 and 9 years old right now, so it's going to get worse and worse as they grow into young men who, if I've done my job right, will no longer need their momma all the time or even every day.

James McAllister likes this.