What are the ramifications of IVF (In Vitro Fertilisation)?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by iamawriter, Mar 28, 2018.

Tags:
  1. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

There are many reasons why some go for IVF of which one being that the woman does not produce the egg and so has to depend on someone else's and the sperm of the husband is used. I think this will lead to trouble later on inasmuch as the child may not like the idea of having a mother who is not really their mother and also that could be a cause for discord between the husband and wife.

What is your opinion?

2. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

From what I know, IVF or in-vitro fertilization is the merging of the woman's egg cells with the male's sperm cells. The IVF procedure is usually done when there is difficulty in the pregnancy that is not caused by fertility. That means when the female or male is not fertile then IVF is not the solution. For the female, it is usually the fertility pill that is the remedy otherwise the female may be sterile and there's no more hope if that is the case.

3. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

IVF is also applied when the woman does not release eggs in which case a donor provides the egg which is then fertilised with the man's sperm in a dish and then placed in the woman's womb. My maid will be going through this process. She is eggless and will be buying it from a donor unknown to heer. The hospital is organising this treatment for her at a cost ofcourse.