Why baby always cry

Discussion in 'Babies' started by Alexandoy, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

Sometimes I see a baby that is always crying. Especially in the church, the baby’s cry is very noticeable. And I wonder why those parents couldn’t make their baby stop crying. Maybe they don’t understand that a baby cries for so many reasons but more often is it about being uncomfortable. I would catch the attention of the parents to tell them such so maybe they should bring their baby in the open or perhaps the baby nees some ventilation. The first impulse of parents is to give the baby the bottle, that’s fine but when it doesn’t work then they should think of something else.

2. Mika

Mika Active Member

3. janemarie

janemarie Member

When a baby cry's in a church I've always thought that the baby was crying because it was bored. I used to think this as I was growing up and would always watch crying babies when I was at church with my parents. I couldn't understand the parents either! I used to wonder why they wouldn't just take the baby outside for a short while to get some fresh air. The crying echo's quite loudly in a church as the construction is designed to magnify sound. It disturbs others who are trying to worship.

Parents have just as right to be in church with their babes in arms just as everyone else. But maybe it would be better if they had a section together near to the rear of the church so they can go outside if their baby starts crying. Or to have a different side room allocated for nursing crying infants if the weather was bad.

4. Mika

Mika Active Member

I tend to agree with your point that parents with babies should have a separate section near the exit point so in case they want to stand there for a while especially when their kids were crying uncontrollably. I never thought with that angle before when in a religious place but it certainly hit me when I was in a cinema theater. You would not believe it that I stopped going to movies the first time my daughter cried during the movie. We took her out of the hall and when the same was repeated the second time around I did not go to movie until the date.

5. Decentlady

Decentlady Active Member

I totally agree with @Alexandoy. Since babies can only use a cry as the cue to express any kind of discomfort from a simple itch to intense pain, it is for the parents to find out the cause of the cry.

Babies don't just cry for nothing. It is a message for something that they aren't happy about. They can even sense people with bad intentions around them and sometime cry as a stranger scares them.

6. Holmes22

Holmes22 Active Member

That is just what they do, in all forms and for all species. At a certain point I found it was better to question things like that and just accept and move on.

7. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

You are absolutely correct. One of the reasons why baby cries is being uneasy, not comfortable with the place, with the environment especially inside the Church which is too hot when there is not airconditioning is installed.

Baby cries due to sickness. He cries for he is hungry. He cries for he needs some thing to drink. He cries for his diaper is overflowing with his urine, among others.

8. tyche

tyche Active Member

Like grown humans, babies cry when they're feeling discomfort or fear and of course, when they're hungry. Babies cry everytime they lack or need something or when they're afraid. So if a baby cries then it's up to the parent to find out why, and usually the answer is not that hard if they observe the baby.

9. remnant

remnant Member

Babies cry impulsively because its their only means of communication so as to be understood. They have no aforethought and do it instinctively to react to hunger, thirst, fear and other discomforts. Babies are also known to cry for self indulgence.

10. Mika

Mika Active Member

I also wanted to know whether babies cry just because they have nothing else to do or do they really wish to say something. I was amazed to see what I found and could not help but share this video with you all- Have a look, maybe you like it as well (Not a ref link)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2020
  11. kamai

kamai Active Member

I remember my baby used to cry a lot because she was hungry almost all the time. At first I thought she was uncomfortable but as soon as she saw her bottle she would stop crying and start kicking her little legs. Another reason why she would cry is to have my attention since I was rarely home because of my hectic work schedule it was sad to leave and watch her let me leave. My mom says she would be crying but as soon as she heard someone at the door she would stop thinking it was me.

12. Zero

Zero Member

Well that's the only form of communication they are capable of doing so if you consider how your mood changes as an adult throughout the day you can then realize why do babies always cry.

13. tony

tony Active Member

I think one of the main reasons babies cry is when they are hungry and hence many would stop crying, in the meantime, the moment their mothers feed them either breast milk or other light food. I think they also cry when not comfortable or feel unsafe to draw the attention of their parents or guardian.

14. Mika

Mika Active Member

Hunger is not the sole reason but another major reason babies cry is indigestion. You must have seen that babies still cry when they are not hungry. The reason is babies develop wind by swallowing air bubbles with milk. So if you bring them in an upright position for 20-30 minutes and when their pressure is released and they feel comfortable they stop crying.

15. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin Cottontail Active Member

I've encountered different babies and what I notice is that all babies are different. There are babies that cry most of the time even if they've just had their milk while there are some that seems to be happy all the time. I don't know why is that but I guess those babies that cry a lot may not be comfortable with their clothes or position while you carry them or they want to be carried all the time.

16. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Member

I think crying is related to every specific moment / situation in the baby's life... For example: The birth of the first teeth (which always causes a pain very annoying), asking for food (especially at non-standard times), expressing a fright / dread reaction with some nightmare or bad feeling.

After a certain age, crying serves more like a kind of weapon (if you know what I mean :p).

17. luri

luri Member

In my observation and experience, babies cries for following reasons
    Hunger
    Nature calls
    Feeling of uneasiness (in the body as well as the environment)
    Sometimes baby also cry when they see bad dreams.

18. Mika

Mika Active Member

@luri the babies cry even when passing urine or stool because it's something of a different feeling for them. I have noticed that some babies cry more than others during bath, when hungry or passing urine. Parents that know their crying habits take an appropriate action to pacify them in a better way.

19. littlewitch66

littlewitch66 Active Member

I had two babies that cried a lot. One of them used to cry all day and wear himself out so that he slept at night so although it was trying I could cope well because I was getting my sleep.

My second baby was terrible, she cried day and night apart from when she was feeding or sleeping but she was a very good toddler and young child. I was exhausted with her as she didn't go through the night until she was almost 3 years old but when she did she was the loveliest child.

Sometimes no matter what you do for a baby they just cry and there doesn't seem to be any reason for it but thankfully they grow out of it when they start to move around and life gets more interesting so maybe it's just boredom.

20. tallulah

tallulah Active Member

Mostly, babies cry because that is the only way they can express themselves. Whether they are hungry, or cold or a nappy is wet and uncomfortable. With regards to a baby crying in a public setting like a church, I think parents should be aware of this happening when getting ready for an outing. Babies are very easy to pacify. The tears are usually because the baby is hungry or wants to sleep.

However, excessive crying should be noted with concern. If a baby seems to cry more than usual for hours on end, and theres no physical evidence to show that the baby is sick, please seek medical advice. The baby might need medical attention for one issue or another.

21. naruto100

naruto100 Active Member

I am not sure about this thing but I have heard this from some local doctor or I don't remember. As per him babies are in growth stage so even interior organs used to keep developing inside (kind of intestine). So when they grow baby may feel little pain (not to worry about that) and they cry at that time. It sounds logical to me but honestly I am not sure if this is true or not. If anyone know about it then please give details.

22. pravish

pravish New Member

I personally feel that, babies cry only if the want some thing or simply because of discomfort. We need to understand what the baby really wants. If you go in to a crowd, the baby may start crying merely because it is feeling hot or because of the noise. There is no baby, who will cry without a reason.

23. workingbuck

workingbuck Active Member

If a baby cries in a church, and the place isn't cold enough, then either the baby is hungry, wants his diapers to be changed or needs proper ventilation. It's just the reasons I can think of, but there are babies who just really love to cry just to get attention.