9 Unexpected Ways Your Life Changes After Becoming A Parent

Discussion in 'Kinacle Blog Posts' started by Kinacle (Bot), Jan 15, 2018.

1. Kinacle (Bot)

Kinacle (Bot) Member

2. littlewitch66

littlewitch66 Active Member

Oh wow, I can probably think of a hundred ways if I sat and thought about it but the points made in this blog are very true. I think the biggest way for me was having to put little people before myself. Before I had children I didn't know that feeling of wanting to protect another human being to the point where I would give my life for them to keep them safe and I couldn't have imagined my heart bursting with love when I first saw them. I knew I would love them but it was just so overwhelming I don't think I was completely prepared for it.

3. Dana

Dana New Member

I hear you, littlewitch66. When I had my daughter, I was surprised at how many of my fears and phobias went away instantly. For example, I was always scared of spiders. One day after my daughter was born, I saw a spider moving toward her crib. I didn't even think twice and I hit it with my hand. In the past I would have run away or fainted!

littlewitch66 likes this.
  4. Elsa

Elsa Starlight Baby Employee Staff Member

I don't think parents, no matter how prepared they think they are, would ever really be prepared for the real thing. Sometimes, you even have to throw some of your preconceived notions out of the window because they don't apply to your child, haha. Every loving parent would surely lay down their lives and give up everything for their child. That's how unconditional love works.

littlewitch66 likes this.
  5. Elsa

Elsa Starlight Baby Employee Staff Member

hahaha, imagining what you did with the spider really made me laugh.

I totally agree with you. On my end however, it was not fear or phobia... I realized I can become a nurse and doctor, an accountant, a banker, a chef, etc. without getting degrees for those, hahaha. We can be so much more for our kids. And we're really good at multi-tasking.

6. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

That's beyond description. The happiness, the challenges and everything as a parent has to experience that and overcome them.

And of course we are ready to face all the unexpectancy for we have observed others how their lives are as a parent.