A mother here will finish what is left in the plate by the toddler

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by iamawriter, Sep 8, 2017.

1. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

What do you do with food that is left on the plate by the toddler? Do you finish it or throw it out. A mother here will fondly eat it up :rolleyes:

2. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

Maybe that is the reason why most young mothers tend to gain weight. I also have seen mothers finishing the leftover food of her baby, it's a waste to throw away leftover food. But it would be better if the mother would know how to estimate the amount of food for the baby hence there will be no leftover.

NicholasMukuha and iamawriter like this.
  3. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

There is no guarantee how much a toddler would eat and this is on a day to day basis. There are days they would lick the platter clean and on other days no food will be touched. The mother should exercise or eat less when it is time for her meals.

4. Blymur778

Blymur778 New Member

I think that's inappropriate. The best thing to do is serve the child a small amount that you're sure they'll finish.

5. naruto100

naruto100 Active Member

It would be good if we give needed quantity to to kid as we can always take more food later on. But as a father I won't mind and I am eating left over food of my kid. As my daughter yet to cross her first year, so not more food come on my side to finish. Lol. But yes either me or my wife do that. Wasting food is surely not good idea.

6. NicholasMukuha

NicholasMukuha Member

Well I do not see anything wrong with that. In fact, if the kid is eating solid food just like everyone else in the house, then they should eat together with the mother. Wouldn't that be beautiful? Besides helping reduce wastage, I think it would also improve the mother- child bonding.

nangk08 likes this.
  7. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

If only mothers were SURE about their child's appetite no food would be left on the plate. Very rarely will you find a toddler eating all what is there on the plate no matter how little, some times.

8. nangk08

nangk08 Active Member

Well, I did that too when my son was a toddler. I don't think that is appropriate at all, but more a matter of respecting the fact that we can afford to buy food while some cannot and so we should not just throw it away for no good reason. The food that is prepared for toddlers is of very good quality, fresh and tasty and just because he or she refuses to finish it does not mean such good food should be thrown out. There is simply no way what quantity a toddler will eat food can be estimated. We have to prepared for anything as a parent. I remember once my son (when he was 1 year old) refused to eat anything at all that he normally really liked. I spent a few hours that evening cooking something new in small portions one after the other to make him eat something he would like!

iamawriter likes this.