Any good party games for toddlers?

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by thisnthat, Jul 19, 2017.

1. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

There are some common games used for kids birthday parties, but sometimes the tiniest attendees aren't quite able to compete with those games. When prizes are at stake, there needs to be something for everyone.

Do you know of any good party games that are easy enough for even the toddlers to play? I was thinking of maybe doing the ducks in a pond game (rubber ducks in a tub of water, and all they have to do is pick one out and get a prize that corresponds with whatever number is on the bottom).

Can you guys help me think up some other good party game ideas for little ones? Ideas for good prizes are welcomed too.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  2. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

We hold children parties at home on some occasions. And we never fail to give the young guests enjoyment in the games. The statue dance is their favorite. That's an easy game for toddlers since all they do is dance when there is music and stop when the music stops. Another is the "pabitin" where a trellis is hung above. The trellis is filled with goodies that are tied by thin cord so it is easy to pull. The children are asked to stand under the trellis that the operatorf would lower and pull up again just like teasing the toddler. But in the process, some goods are already picked like a fruit from the tree. Those are the most popular parlor games in our parties.

3. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

Thanks, @Alexandoy. I appreciate your help. I've heard of the first game. It sounds like a good idea. It's both simple and fun.

The second one sounds like a lot of fun too. I'm not quite sure how I'd pull it off. I bet the little ones get very excited over that.

Alexandoy likes this.
  4. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

So, I ended up finding this cute laundry basket skee ball game. I decided to make it for the party. I made the little ramp and then my husband helped make it work a little better. My daughter had some pit balls, so she brought them over. It didn't cost a thing to make, since I used supplies I had on hand and borrowed the pit balls.

This game was a big hit. The kids had so much fun with it that they continued playing on and on, long after all the prizes were gone. I highly recommend this, although we did it outdoors. So fun.

5. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

This is a game where kids learn to give. They stand in a circle. Some sweets are scattered inside the circle. At the sound of the whistle they rush to pick up the sweets. Then the organiser sees who has received the most. Those who have received the most would have to share them with those who have received none. The joy of giving is what they learn in this game.

thisnthat likes this.
  6. tyche

tyche Active Member

thisnthat likes this.