Baby formula

Discussion in 'Babies' started by luri, Jun 2, 2017.

1. luri

luri Member

Best food for the baby is mother's milk. However, sometimes you will have to use baby formulas because of various reasons, such as the nursing mother is a working mother, the nursing mother does not lactate much. Do you think baby formulas are safe? Which is the best baby food brand?

2. kaka135

kaka135 Active Member

I am not sure which is the best baby formula milk brand, I did ask for recommendations from my various friends when I was looking for formula for my eldest son. It's really hard to tell whether it is safe, I guess it's not harmful, but they are surely added some chemicals inside. I just try to go for those my friends have tried, and most of them think is okay, and my children also like them. So far, I have always been buying Enfa and Anmum for my children.

3. AngelaMc

AngelaMc Active Member

When my son was a baby the doctor recommended Enfamil With Iron. He really did well with that brand. The doctor said it was the closest to breastmilk and it had 30 nutrients in it for growth and brain nourishing dha.

4. luri

luri Member

I don't recognize Enfa and Anmum. The most popular baby formulas in my home country are lactogen and farex. These products are available for stage 1 to stage 6, where stage 1 is for new born baby and stage 6 is for 9-12 years of age. The label on these formula states that there are more than 30 vital nutrients that include iron and calcium. However, we don't know how effective are these baby foods or how safe are the products.

5. Elsa

Elsa Starlight Baby Employee Staff Member

Yes @luri, there would be instances when a baby formula is necessary. You can ask your friends about their tried and tested baby formula. If there is a small canister, you should buy that first while your baby tests it. At times, babies suffer from diarrhea due to certain milk brands so you would need to stop giving it to your baby. It wouldn't be too much of a waste if you buy the small one.

If a baby continues to have adverse reactions from baby formula, you should consult a pediatrician. They are often in the best position to say which one you should use.

For baby food, sometimes it's better home made. Store-bought ones may have preservatives. Here's a blog on baby food to give you a better idea: Homemade Vs Store Bought Baby Food – Which Is Better?

Hope it helps :)

6. harijobs

harijobs Member

I don't think they are harmful but the only brand which is famous in my place since I was a child is a brand called Cerlac. They are a specialized group in making powerders for formula milk and they have various flavors and stages depending o the age of your child. My mom said I used to love this milk but I suggest you to consult a pediatrician before buying any brand. :)

7. SophieArnold42

SophieArnold42 New Member

A very important question is choosing the right organic infant formula for your child. When choosing such a formula, it is very important that the formula contains enough vitamins and that the child does not have tummy problems due to such a formula. I can also say for sure that it is not worth saving on such a product, the health of your child depends on it. I personally can definitely advise you on the Hipp brand because in my opinion it is of very high quality and has enough vitamins. I will leave a link to the source from where I personally buy myself a baby organic formula onlyformula.com. I can also recommend the Holle brand because this formula is also of high quality and quite good. Have a nice day!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  8. mildredtabitha

mildredtabitha Member

Baby formula are just OK but breast milk is more nutritious and safe for the kid.

9. tyche

tyche Active Member

I don't think that baby formulas are not safe, why would they be not safe when they are tested before being launched in the market? And lots of people patronize the product.

10. annahodges91njl

annahodges91njl New Member

I think they are safe.