Baby shower

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Alexandoy, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Active Member

The baby shower especially for the first-time mother is very popular here. So what do we give the pregnant friend in the baby shower? Something for the baby is the usual idea of a gift. But come to think of it, the mother should be the recipient of the gift so it should at least be for the mother.

2. tyche

tyche Active Member

What I've noticed in these baby showers is that the gifts tend to cater towards the mom first, if she will like the gift for her kid, not the other way around.

3. nangk08

nangk08 Active Member

I would suggest gifting a supply of cotton, good quality nappies, baby care products etc. for the baby as most of this stuff is quite expensive and would be a great help to the parents.

4. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

Good suggestion. I like it.

I know one friend of my wife. She has invited us to attend her first pregnancy. She wants to join her in her excitement to have a baby.

My wife brought her something she could be happy about it. The gift is all the mother needs for her first baby.

nangk08 likes this.
  5. nangk08

nangk08 Active Member

That is so wonderful of her to want to share her experience. First time parents are, I guess much more excited about the pregnancy and receiving gifts for the baby is one of the most happiest experiences. I remember when I was with my son, I was working then and my British colleagues over in England were so happy for me that they kept sending me chocolates frequently to indulge me. My one best friend among those sent me two pairs of cute little booties, one pink and other blue as we didn't know what sex the baby was. I was so happy and excited with those gifts, it made the pains of the pregnancy so much easier.

6. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

That's wonderful experience you have had. I noticed that your friends are too excited about your baby. They kept on following you up, sending baby's needs.

A baby is more than an offspring. It's like an angel for them, a delicate thing to be careful with in handling it.

nangk08 likes this.
  7. nangk08

nangk08 Active Member

Yes, it was a very great and wonderful time, they were all so excited so much that I was actually overwhelmed by all their love and kindness.