Baby Showers

Discussion in 'Babies' started by AngelaMc, Mar 29, 2017.

1. AngelaMc

AngelaMc Active Member

Baby Showers are a great way to not only celebrate your little ones arrival, but to get some of the many items you will need when the baby is born. My sisters had my baby shower and it was a great turnout. A lot of people wonder if they can throw their own baby shower and it's really not proper etiquette to do so. If your worried know one is going to throw you one, talk to a close female relative or female friend to take control of it.

Don't forget baby registries are a great idea to have, request small gifts instead of big ticket items, such as bibs, onesies, diapers, socks, baby blankets, and baby care essentials. The crib and stroller are things you should buy yourself, unless of course one of your relatives offer to do so. Do you think baby showers are a good idea for the mommy to be? Have you ever thrown a baby shower?
    image.jpeg

2. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

Understandably, I haven't attended a baby shower because over here, it is exclusively for the women particularly the mother's friends. But it is fun to hear the stories of what they do during a baby shower. And the most important part of the event is the gift giving with the explanation of why the guest gave that particular gift. That part involves laughter and tears. Especially now with the prevalence of the digital camera, baby showers can be recorded for posterity.

AngelaMc likes this.
  3. Decentlady

Decentlady Active Member

Baby showers are a compulsory event from where I come. They can be done once in a pregnancy or multiple times (varies with the culture).

It is mainly for the blessings from the elderly for the mother-to-be.

In other cultures they don't give any item related to the baby as this is considered bad omen before the arrival of the baby!

While in other cultures only baby stuffs are given. It's a fun ceremony in my opinon and both ladies and gents are welcome.

AngelaMc likes this.
  4. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

This practice of giving a baby shower upon his arrival is only done by selected few, especially those who are rich. And the rest of the mothers set aside a memorable day for their baby especially for his christening day. On that time, it is well prepared, well attended by closed friends not only by siblings, grandparents, and relatives.

Others I know they offer their newborn baby to the Lord during their Sunday service in their Church particularly on the first Sunday of the month. That's the time that baby is given a name and a blessing by father who holds the authority to do it or any male members of the Church at the choice of the family.

AngelaMc likes this.
  5. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

I have been given baby showers, been invited to some, and planned some. They are joyous events. The most recent one I went to was small, but it was still nice. There were games, food, music, gifts. The mom to be got a lot of nice things for her baby and even a couple items just for mom.

I think it's a nice way to offer congratulations as well as helping out with some of the expensive baby items. I usually like to give something handmade as well as some other items. I think handmade stuff is special.

AngelaMc likes this.