Bad toys for baby

Discussion in 'Babies' started by Alexandoy, Feb 19, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

A pediatrician warned us of the toys that are common like the rattle that usually the baby would lick. There's also the stuff toy that could smother the baby. Most toys are friendly to babies but the advice is not to leave the baby with the toy for something undesired may happen especially when the baby can get a good grasp of the toy. What other bad toys do you think is not good for the baby?

2. Hova

Hova Active Member

Making sure a toy isn't too loud for your child is another thing. The noise
    of some rattles, squeak toys, and musical or electronic toys
    can be very loud which may damage the baby's hearing.

3. James McAllister

James McAllister Kinacle Employee Staff Member

For the most part, manufacturers are good about insuring that the products are up to safety standards, which for the U.S are pretty strict.

Of course, things break, aren't used as intended etc. and can quickly become dangerous if used without supervision.

Generally speaking, the simpler the toy, the better - as long as their isn't something inside that can cause choking or suffocation if it makes its way into the baby's mouth.

...And of course, the repeatedly noisy toys aren't nice for the parents either hahaha.

4. tyche

tyche Active Member

Anything that can be swallowed or laden with chemicals that the child can ingest, there are a lot of info online regarding the materials that are harmful and are a part of the toy, so the public should avoid that.

5. Hova

Hova Active Member

I know a kid that almost choked on one of the lego pieces. So even though, playing with lego can be a ton of fan, parents should be present to supervise.

Alexandoy likes this.
  6. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

I have seen a news report on the lego although it was not specified. Toys with small parts like jigsaw puzzle are not good for babies to play with. In fact, they are also advised for toddlers not to play with due to the risk that they might ingest the small part. Fortunately there was no report yet of accidents or injuries about small toys.

7. Hova

Hova Active Member

Take it from me, staying away from any toys that have removable parts, is the best way to make sure accidents don't happen. I'm pretty sure if you were to ask around your neighborhood about incidents concerning kids choking on toys, you will be surprised with the number of stories you'll hear.