Basketball clinic

Discussion in 'Kids' started by Alexandoy, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Active Member

I was talking to the coach yesterday on the basketball clinic that he usually conducts during summer. It is not allowed to gather people of up to 10 so the clinic is off. Now, what do the kids do in this hot summer? Swimming is out and other sports as well. Not the computer games. We agreed on that. We should think of a worthwhile activity for the kids to take them away from computer games.

2. Hova

Hova Member

When I was young my parents used to send my siblings and I to the countryside. We would spend the whole break with our grandparents, helping them out with cattle and other chores at the ranch.

I still see some parents doing this, but not that many. Since there public gatherings are banned in almost all countries due to COVID-19, it is pretty hard to do anything, unless it involves the indoors.

3. Jason

Jason Member

The basketball clinic is a pretty interesting concept. Haven't seen it in my country. I wouldnt mind signing up my kids for one.

Concerning indoor activities. I suggest using this time to introduce kids to scrabble, chess, Jenga and other off-the-internet games. These games will help keep their brains active. My 6 years old daughter is currently on aggressive chess training. And she is enjoying it, surprisingly.

Yes, travelling up country was a very good idea. But with the travel bans and curfews in most countries, this is not possible.

Sure, the UN has been amassing funds from member states, and thus they are required to give guidance. But the magnitude of this disaster, honestly. I don't think any single agency ca handle this. But let's pray for the best.

4. Hova

Hova Member

All governments have to come together if we are want to come out on the other end unscathed, so to speak. We need to work together as a global community as well as individuals. As families we need to take this time to get to know each other and have fun while doing that.