Behavioral changes during pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by BelindaMT, Jan 5, 2018.

1. BelindaMT

BelindaMT New Member

My sister is 8 months pregnant right now and I noticed that she is so sensitive, stubborn and nagger. I know it is normal because of hormonal changes but sometimes it is very alarming. I know her behavior is normal for a pregnant woman due to hormonal changes but I think she is too much. We had a fight yesterday and she told my brother that she don't want to see my face again and she don't want to talk to me again. I tried to reach out to her but she's not answering my call.

I got pregnant twice but the only changes I noticed is my body, sleeping patterns, sensitive to foods and sense of smelling. Do you believed that there are behavioral changes when you are pregnant?

2. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

Being sensitive is one common trait that pregnant women manifest during the later stages of the pregnancy. Maybe it is brought about by the changes in their body particularly the tummy. They also feel hot most of the time that they wanted to be in the bathroom all day. But with nagging, I don't think that is normal. Maybe your sister is trying to seek more attention from the people around her. And fighting with someone is not a good sign for a pregnant woman. Something may be wrong with her.

3. littlewitch66

littlewitch66 Active Member

For me it was anxiety. I was very emotional during both my pregnancies because I had a lot bleeding with both and I was terrified of losing them. It was a relief when they were born as I felt that my body was my own again and I didn't have to worry about every little thing I did. I had two children and and I honestly didn't want to go through the whole pregnancy thing again because for me it was an ordeal.

4. nangk08

nangk08 Active Member

I think behavioral changes during pregnancy due to hormonal disturbances is quite normal. I too used to be very very moody and gave in to frequent emotional outbursts a lot. Sometimes, I too picked up fights over trivial things and cried and then laughed again after a very short period of time. It was really a trying time for my husband more than me. :rolleyes:

BelindaMT likes this.
  5. BelindaMT

BelindaMT New Member

Yes exactly! she was too emotional, moody, and stubborn. Although she is okay now and we're good but literally, I don't talk to her too often like what I used before. I'm afraid that maybe I say something that she might misinterpret and she will freak out again. Every time I call her now, I am very careful with my words and I only asked how she was and telling her to take care of herself and pray hard for her safe delivery before I end up the conversation. Maybe after she gave birth everything will back to normal again.

6. Risa

Risa Starlight Baby Employee Staff Member

I personally experienced being moody too while I was pregnant. I believe it was during my third trimester. But in my case, I felt too emotional and seems to have an outburst of feelings and lucky for my husband, he was always the one to receive odd behavior from me. But usually I felt better when I have already verbalized all of what I want to express and of course I see to it to make up with my husband and say sorry for anything untoward I have said. Maybe its because emotions peak during pregnancy.

7. jamia

jamia New Member

I gave birth this january and my husband felt so lucky that iIdidnt gave him a hard time in my pregnancy..
    Im so sensitive those time but i always hid it because I dont want my kids to see me showing tantrums about something.. I manage to hold myself that time...I just need my patience to be longer that time.

8. AmieBotella

AmieBotella Member

Hi BelindaMT! I think it is different in every woman. I mean the mood swings during pregnancy period. There are some of these anxiety manifests after giving birth but not apparent during pregnancy. I suppose if you can extend your understanding, it is best for you, your sister and the baby. Sometimes there are things we say that were not really meant. Just give her space. I'm sure in every circumstances, being sisters, having a fight is normal pregnant or not. I'm sure she'll come around eventually and when she gives birth and the baby will most probably look a lot like you because you're the one she keeps on throwing tantrums with.

9. Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020 Member

Well I've noticed that pregnant women are more emotional and sensitive, they could be so loving and happy then in a matter of minutes their mood changes to the opposite becoming angry and blue. I think this is brought about by some hormonal changes that happen during pregnancy.

When my wife was pregnant with our first child, she was so happy during the first 4 months then after that she became irritable and moody in her last month of pregnancy she had mood swings of epic proportions, luckily all of it stopped after she gave birth to our first born.

10. Heatman

Heatman Active Member

The truth is that being pregnant isn't an easy task. It takes a lot from the mother carrying her baby for 9 months before delivery. Their feeding habits would be affected, sleeping patterns affected, health affected etc. So there is every possibility that such person behavior would be edgy and erratic.