Being friends with your kids

Discussion in 'Kids' started by Alexandoy, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

One psychologist said that the best treatment you can give your child is to be friends with him. It starts in playing with the toys up to sports for teenagers and serious activities later on like hiking. But it is easier said than done when the parents are busy with their job.

2. mildredtabitha

mildredtabitha Member

My parents never did those activities with me.I can say we are not close with them and I have never shared any secret with them.I think parents should start bonding with their children from an early age.

Alexandoy likes this.
  3. Emma kwamboka

Emma kwamboka Member

Its easier to bond when the child is still young so that the relationship matures well. I think it depends mainly on the generation gap. We should do what our parents neglected to do with us. As much as you never had a chance to share those activities with them in your childhood, doesn't necessarily mean you cannot attain them now. As long as they are still alive, there is nothing stopping you. Do not wait till they are gone and you cannot have thrm back, then start wishing that you would have the most of the time you had with them. Trust me, It's not easy.

4. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

I am sorry to know about your experience with your parents. That is a neat lesson to you that when you have kids always give them priority in terms of time. The so called bonding is very important especially when the mother goes shopping with the daughter or the father goes to the stadium with the son. Those moments will be treasured by the child when he becomes an adult.

5. Emma kwamboka

Emma kwamboka Member

It is awesome when you have activities that you can perform together it increases the time you spend together.