Best way to get stains out?

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Taliska, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Taliska

Taliska Active Member

With an active toddler, stains happen every day. Ours tends to get grass stains on his knees and elbows, no matter what we put him in, he comes in from outdoors looking like he's done an army assault course.
    Then there are the food stains... I've resorted to prolonged salt soaks to get the worst out and then washing it several times. So what products do you find gets stains out of toddler clothes the best?

2. AngelaMc

AngelaMc Active Member

I use Oxiclean, it's great on stain removal. I usually let the clothes soak for a little bit in warm water before washing, and they turn out stain free. You can also use this product on carpet and upholstery stains. For laundry just add a scoop with your favorite detergent and it does the trick.:)

3. tony

tony Active Member

What I normally do removing stains is first soak the clothes for a long time, I'll keep the clothes soaked in most cases over night with plenty detergent. Then during proper wash to remove stains I get a good stain removal, not particular about any one, Resolve and OxiClean are two great stain removing products I mostly like to use. While washing manually I make sure to scrub hard the spots were the stains are more prominent.

josephen likes this.
  4. josephen

josephen New Member

a bleaching agent will do, soak the clothes for 15-30 minutes.
    then use a detergent to wash the clothes.
    but depending on the stain, you may have to use more than a regular bleach.

5. Decentlady

Decentlady Active Member

I use detergent with Vanish powder. It works like magic. It works on the toughest stains.

There is little work to be done with Vanish around. It also might help to make the child were darker colours during such age.

6. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

It depends on the kind of stains that soiled the toddler's clothes. Stains out of foods are easy to remove by soaking the dirty clothes right away to the clean, tap water since we are using tap water for our washing clothes. After several hours, do the washing the stains gradually are vanishing. If there are still some remaining using a laundry or detergent soap will do the job.

But to the stubborn stains which may be caused by an oil spill and the like soak the clothes in a hot water for a couple of hours. Have them wash with a detergen soap or treat them with a commercial stain remover. It will do the job.

7. Miches

Miches Active Member

I use a bleaching solution to get the stain out of clothes. I normally soak white clothes in powder detergent with a bleaching solution for 30 minutes before washing. If there are stubborn dirt or stain on a specific area, I pour a little amount of bleach on it and a little more powder before washing the stained spot by hand. I do the same for colored clothes except that I use a type of bleach that is safe for colored clothes. This bleach costs so much more than the regular bleach that I use for whites.