Beware of firecrackers

Discussion in 'Kids' started by Alexandoy, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

On this side of the earth, firecrackers and fireworks are the order of the day during the New Year. Firecracker blasts can be heard starting even before Christmas. Children usually light up the firecrackers on the streets. I am against that tradition because of the countless of accidents caused by loose firecrackers. In fact, my cousin lost 3 fingers to firecrackers. And I hope that ends the story.

2. Holmes22

Holmes22 Active Member

I have always hated them and still do not really get the whole fascination with them. Even when I was younger I did not care too much, and I like a good display but never buy them myself. But yes, you have to be careful this time of year.

3. Risa

Risa Starlight Baby Employee Staff Member

It is good if the government regulates the use of firecrackers, especially due to the reason that @Alexandoy has stated. It is dangerous for the potential injury it may cause. The smoke coming from it is also something to be worried about, especially if you have babies or younger children at home. I'm glad that the use of firecrackers is already regulated here in our country and fireworks displays are being limited to public places only.

4. gibbs

gibbs New Member

I don't have a problem with firecrackers, I actually think it's very cute and all but it gets annoying. I have a dog and it's not trained to handle firecrackes so you can just imagine how crazy he gets when the bomb like noise starts.

5. Jason76

Jason76 Active Member

I love firecrackers/fireworks - but it's a tragedy the OP's family suffered. Anyway, though, the situation is similar to guns or anything else dangerous - as there will be causalities. However, does this justify banning? I don't think so.

Anyway,as a boy - I should have been monitored while shooting fireworks, though. In fact, like a lot of boys, I took it upon myself to behave wildly - and there was a probability something horrible could have happened. Certainly with my kids, preteens - I will closely monitor what they do.

6. James McAllister

James McAllister Kinacle Employee Staff Member

Yep, I was the same way. Even worse when friends were around and I felt the need to show off.

But I remember being impatient as a kid, wanting to light off fireworks all day every July 4th. I can't blame my parents for not monitoring me the entire time.

Thankfully I was always too scared to do anything too dangerous... still can't understand people that like to light off the firecrackers in their hand and throw them :emoji_frowning: