Books for one year old baby

Discussion in 'Babies' started by Austin Killan, Nov 4, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Austin Killan

Austin Killan New Member

I have a baby boy. I was looking for baby books for 1 year old to spark baby's love for reading. Did you try any book? Feel free to share

2. Hova

Hova Active Member

I'm guessing books with bright colors and familiar, repetitive, or rhyming text is the way to go.

3. john gilly

john gilly New Member

There is always something magical with children's books. I bought The Little Blue Box of Bright and Early Board Books by Dr. Seuss for my baby boy. I think he is enjoying it. You can try this one.

4. Olaff

Olaff Member

What about " Baby Goes to Market" Written by Atinuke and illustrated by
    Angela Brooksbank.

5. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

Isn't it too early to orient the baby to books? Maybe the story book is better so you can read the story. But I remember that one friend had a big picture they received as a gift. But the child was 2 years old and it was greatly appreciated. But if your 1-year old is kind of advance then you probably can buy a picture book for that purpose.

6. Hova

Hova Active Member

Nobody really for sure knows what a year old kid is capable of and that is The God's honest truth. I think you would be surprised.

7. nangk08

nangk08 Active Member

There are so many lovely, brightly coloured picture books available for little babies. Get the one called The Hungry Caterpillar, it is sure to get your baby hooked on to books. Then there are so many by Roald Dahl which have funny names and words which babies like, start with The Cat in the Hat!

8. Folk Artist

Folk Artist Active Member

It seems Amazon recommends a lot of books for a one year old - although at this age, kids like to explore the book with their fingers and mouths. Do not worry so much about finishing a book at this age, but read to the baby as much as you can, and let the baby play with the book, like it is a toy.

nangk08 likes this.
  9. nangk08

nangk08 Active Member

Yes there are plenty of books for one year old kids on Amazon, in fact I used to get most of the books for my son from amazon. And that is exactly the thing I used to do, keep reading to my son while he looked at the pictures. After a while, he even developed his own preference for specific books which I had to read at least 7-8 times before he finally had enough of it. But that hard work paid off, now he is 11 and already owns more than 350 books of his own.

10. FirstSpringFlower

FirstSpringFlower New Member

The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle is the best one! :)

11. Hova

Hova Active Member

Also, there is a neighbor who recommended Frog and Toad, Corduroy, Where’s Spot and Miss Rumphius to my sister.

12. James McAllister

James McAllister Kinacle Employee Staff Member

Lots of great suggestions here. Remember that at this age the presentation of the book often matters more than the actual content of the book itself - this is one of the cases where (in my opinion) it can be better to look for books in person rather than online. You can get a quick feel on how much you would enjoy presenting that book and getting into the role.

13. tyche

tyche Active Member

I think coloring books are the best books for 1 year olds because they can't even read yet.

14. Hova

Hova Active Member

I agree. Coloring books can be a lot of fun while at the same time teaching toddlers by being mindful and creative. Identifying numbers, shapes and animals by coloring is a great way for toddlers to learn.