Caffeine Addicted Babies - and worse!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Jason76, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Jason76

Jason76 Active Member

What I heard is that they cry once born because they're addicted to caffeine, tobacco, maybe even illegal drugs! However, though, honestly, how can a woman have any fun - when she simply cannot consume anything fun. Well, she shouldn't consume illegal drugs/tobacco of course - but, well, you know what I mean. They can't even drink a cola!

O.K., what are some substitutes for the high of these things?

2. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Active Member

In our culture pregnant women has to be conservative not only with attitude but also with the food. Spicy and those with fishy smell should be avoided. I don't know if coffee is also banned but definitely alcoholic drinks are a no-no.

3. tyche

tyche Active Member

Kids prone to be addicted to caffeine should just be regulated before consuming them more than they should.

4. Hova

Hova Member

Nowadays I see kids with energy drinks everywhere. Parks, kids festivals even at homes. If parents try to cut back on energy drinks and colas especially, I think that would be a step into the right direction.

5. Maestro

Maestro Member

I think the problem is most parents have no clue about these kinds of things, especially new parents.

6. Olaff

Olaff Member

I thought new moms go for lessons. I feel like everything concerning the well being of a new born should be taught during those classes.

7. Maestro

Maestro Member

I don't think they go over every little detail.

8. Olaff

Olaff Member

And since you can't trust anything you read online, I guess the best and only option is to consult a professional whenever you are in doubt.

9. nangk08

nangk08 Active Member

I don't think that fun can be had by drinking cola or wines or by eating junk food. Junk food, colas, etc. are all modern discoveries, traditional foods were quite different and it is not that women in earlier days didn't have any fun. These drinks can be substituted with fruits, fruit juices, milk shakes of different flavours etc. If you cannot abstain yourself from such harmful even while you are pregnant for the sake of your baby, then just don't get pregnant. You are simply not fit to be a parent.

10. Maestro

Maestro Member

Don't get pregnant?! That sounds a little bit harsh.

11. Olaff

Olaff Member

He has the right idea, though. If you are not ready for motherhood, it is better to first get your priorities right

12. IvanJ

IvanJ New Member

Rule of thumb: energy drinks are bad for almost everyone, particularly children and pregnant women. Just imagine the amount of sugar in energy drinks! Caffeine is another issue; maybe it's acceptable in small doses.
    ~Blended fruit slices are probably healthier since they have an excellent combination of fruity minerals, nutrients, and fiber.

13. jasminemax

jasminemax New Member

Babies addicted to caffeine is the worst thing for their future health. Parents should take ample amount of care and maje sure their babies are not addicted to caffeine or any sort of sugars or refineries which will help improve the baby's health in long run. Instead mother should feed their babies with healthy alternatives like fresh fruits and nuts as evening snack.

14. IvanJ

IvanJ New Member

Here in our place, we use dried peanuts for snacks. We make it like a healthy version of trail mix. Though it's very time consuming because I need to ensure that salt is properly measured.

15. Maestro

Maestro Member

Easier said than done.

16. Olaff

Olaff Member

Actually, it's that easy.