Can pregnant women work out?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by marinalizabeth, Oct 25, 2019.

1. marinalizabeth

marinalizabeth New Member

Most women doubt working out while pregnant. However, it is healthy for pregnant women to work out. You need that physical fitness even when pregnant. Make a point of discussing this with your doctor in order for you to do a safe work out.

2. Maestro

Maestro Member

I hear exercising when pregnant is really beneficial, especially in preparing you and your body for birth. It also relieves stress and anxiety which helps a pregnant woman to sleep better at night.

3. nangk08

nangk08 Active Member

Heavy exercises are definitely not recommended during pregnancy, but there is a whole regime of yoga asanas along with breathing exercises which are being implemented by numerous women in India, they are actually refreshing and also help women deliver babies without any complications. However, they should only be done under the guidance of experts.

4. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

I have seen several videos of a pregnant woman who is doing some exercises or workouts and it's okay for her. I also read from health journal that workout for pregnant women may have a big help for them. It's a welcome issue for the preggies.

5. tyche

tyche Active Member

Yes it's true, exercising while pregnant is beneficial for women, there are many benefits to be obtained when they exercise.

6. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

That's right. That's the latest trend I noticed that pregnant woman can some workouts. And I find it good and beneficial for the mother especially in delivering her baby.

7. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Active Member

I am advising against doing a heavy workout when pregnant. In fact, any strenuous activity is not good because it may affect the well-being of the pregnancy. There are several cases I know of miscarriage due to heavy exercise. Old folks will be worried about this issue.

8. Maestro

Maestro Member

But making sure that your doctor is in the loop is very important. A doctor will make sure to go over every little detail of the dos and don'ts of workouts for different stages of pregnancy.

9. Folk Artist

Folk Artist Member

If you were physically active before you were pregnant, it would be safe to keep up your exercise routine - as long as it is comfortable for you, and you have no other health conditions, you should be fine to exercise. I also read that this exercise during pregnancy will even help you lose weight easier, after you have the baby as well.

10. Maestro

Maestro Member

Exactly, it really helps when it comes to losing that extra weight after having the baby.

11. Olaff

Olaff Member

A little exercise can't hurt, right?