Choosing the right course for the student

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Alexandoy, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

When my niece was in high school, she told me that she wanted to be a vet because she is fond of animals. Her parents forced her to take nursing and she had graduated and passed the board exam. But she couldn't get a nursing job so she has been different jobs which doesn't last long. If she was a vet then I guess she would be happy with the career.

2. tyche

tyche Active Member

Well the parents should always let the child choose their course because it is their natural area of interest. They would study hard and thrive on their chosen course rather than the course dictated by their parents.

Alexandoy likes this.
  3. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

When I was still studying in high school I want to be an engineer but I'm good in math. But engineering course is too expensive and my parents can't afford it.

So I want to be a teacher but my elder brother suggested that I have to take the Commerce course and I did complete it. I worked in the bank for 5 years but yet I pursued my education course with my own expense. I finished and took the teacher's board exams and I passed.

I resigned from the bank and taught in the elementary school.

4. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

That doesn't happen in some families. One nephew was forced to take an aviation course only to leave because the flying is very expensive that they cannot afford. His job was a porter in the airport. If he had taken an IT course then he would probably in the comfort of the office like his younger sister.