Chubby babies are cute. Should that be the aim?

Discussion in 'Babies' started by iamawriter, Jul 21, 2020.

1. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

chubbybaby.jpg

Chubby babies no doubt are attractive. Whoever gets an opportunity those chubby cheeks are squeezed not something the baby will enjoy
    Apart from the baby's appearance that much fat interferes with the baby's activity and what they should be doing within six months they will not be able to do it even after 12 months.
    Would you aim at your baby's chubbiness or its health?

2. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

There's a baby who is chubby. He looks so cute. I have several cousins, nieces and nephews who are chubby when they're baby but when they grow up they become skinny.

Probably it's the kind of mother's milk that gives them better nutrition. But those chubby babies aren't sickly.

3. nangk08

nangk08 Active Member

Chubby babies are cute but chubbiness does not imply good health. If the baby is chubby but keeps falling sick all the time, then it is a bad thing, they will keep crying all the time which would be detrimental to their healthy, normal growth. So a healthy smiling baby should be the aim and not a chubby baby.

iamawriter likes this.
  4. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

Sadly most mothers would want their babies to be chubby regardless of their health. A chubby baby gets more attention from all around it and that makes the mother happy.

nangk08 likes this.
  5. tyche

tyche Active Member

I remember my nephew who is quite fat, and his parents do nothing to curb his eating. He has gotten very overweight and it's quite unhealthy and unattractive. The parents should be mindful of their child when it comes to their eating habits, so that they would grow up to be fit and healthy and not obese.

6. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

I don't want my baby to be chubby or fat. It is still the healthy body that I prefer in a baby which is not fat and not thin. I have noticed on tv that there are several fat toddlers that are in the limelight. That is not good because it encourages parents to have chubby babies. That is a very unhealthy condition.

7. nangk08

nangk08 Active Member

That is true sadly!!Appearances matter to people even in little babies!

iamawriter likes this.
  8. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

For some parents watching their children eating well is a satisfying experience. I understand that as there are many nibblers that are a cause for concern. But parents should know where to draw the line.

9. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

There are always exceptions where chubby babies are healthy. The point here is when parents aim to make their kids look chubby regardless of what happens to their health.

10. mildredtabitha

mildredtabitha Member

I think health should come fast chubbiness is cute and all but when the child continues to grow up like that it's discouraging.when I was a kid then I noticed other chubby children were mocked by other kids and they felt bad.

11. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

I agree that a healthy baby is the best regardless if he is cute or not. A chubby baby has the tendency to grow up as an obese child. That would affect his growing up not only physically but also mentally. Take note that fat children are at a disadvantage when they are in their teenage years. It is better to start taking care of the figure as early as possible.

12. annahodges91njl

annahodges91njl New Member

They all look so adorable.