Cleaning A Newborn Baby’s Ears – A Complete Guide For New Parents

Discussion in 'Kinacle Blog Posts' started by Kinacle (Bot), Mar 25, 2020.

1. Kinacle (Bot)

Kinacle (Bot) Member

2. Polina Kravchenko

Polina Kravchenko Member

yeah its a very delicate procedure. better be cautious

3. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

I never ever thought that earwax is not a dirt and I never ever knew that earwax shouldn't be removed for it goes out naturally.

And I was never ever aware that inner ear shouldn't be cleaned only the outer ear. All these things hold true with the new born. What about the adult's ears?

4. doursay

doursay New Member

Wax build-up is a natural thing. It doesn't mean you're dirty, filthy animal if you get it. Wax happens. During a shower when the wax is easier to work with, tilt your head down and let some of the build-up leak out on it's own. If you have a detachable shower head, turn the pressure down and irrigate that way.

Babies are a lot more delicate though. There are ear drops you can use if you have to, but it typically doesn't get so bad that you have to clean them out.

And yes, q-tips are the worst things you can use. The only thing I use them for anymore is to clean the air vents in my car. Rags won't fit.

5. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Active Member

This reminds me when my daughter was a baby. I only handled her when she was about 5 or 6 months because she looked so fragile that it scared me to carry her. Now you are discussing about the cleaning of the ears, oh, I couldn't do that. My only chore when she was at that age was to give her the bottle of milk and I was also the one who prepared that for her.